HR Teams are essential to the effective operation of any law firm making sure we put people at the heart of everything we do; which is especially important for the Thrings HR Team. The role of HR Coordinator will help the team and the Firm to drive forward the people strategy, whilst ensuring we attract, develop and retain the people who help make Thrings a great place to work.
As our HR Coordinator your role will be varied, providing support to both the HR and Payroll function; you will have responsibility for:
- Assisting and supporting the HR Advisors and Director of HR with flexible working requests, contract changes and supporting on confidential HR processes
- Supporting on all aspects of recruitment, including arranging interviews, posting adverts and liaising with candidates to ensure the start of their career with us is well supported
- Responsible for data reporting, cleansing and monitoring, ensuring we are GDPR compliant. In addition completing mandatory reporting such as Gender Pay Gap
- Supporting family friendly processes – including processing maternity, paternity and shared parental leave requests
- Ownership of absence monitoring, ensuring sickness, holiday, parental and birthday leave are recorded
- Providing essential support to our payroll function for a couple of days a month – helping to ensure we pay people correctly
- Support on the delivery of inductions for our new starters
- Be our HRIS and Recruitment system super user
Ideally you will have experience of working within a HR team and understand the value and importance of providing a high quality, confidential client and customer focused service. You will be confident using Microsoft office (including data manipulation in Excel) but don’t worry if you’re not an expert, we can teach you these things! Success in this role will be someone who can demonstrate they can quickly build rapport with people across the business, that they trust you and that you’re adding value to the HR function. You’ll get involved with projects right across the business and we’re known for being a friendly and supportive HR team; we really want someone who shares those values. Above all we are here to support and enable the business to achieve so a can do attitude, confidentiality and flexibility to support is key.
We’re working in a hybrid way and envisage that will continue; ideally you will be based in one of our South West offices (working from home several days a week if requested) and may from time to time need to travel to other offices. We’d like someone who is able to work full time hours due to the nature of this role but there is a degree of flexibility on this. In return, you can expect a variety of benefits that can be tailored to you and your personal circumstances; these include Private Medical cover, Health checks, Dental Insurance, Travel Insurance and much more.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of the recruitment process or when employed, then do let us know.