Thrings is a vibrant expanding law firm with a diverse client base offering excellent career prospects to talented and driven individuals. We operate in offices in Bristol, Bath, London, Swindon and Romsey, serving clients within the UK, but increasingly with an international presence.
We’re a client focussed firm who has award winning lawyers working for us. We’re noted by Chambers & Partners for the relationships we’ve built with our clients, and the increasing presence we’re building in the markets and clients we serve. We provide a range of services to different clients in areas such as Agriculture, Private Client, Corporate & Commercial and Commercial Property and are noted for having specialists that practice in each of these areas. We work across offices, with different practice areas to best serve the needs of our clients.
Thrings has an exciting opportunity to join our Planning team in our Romsey office as a NQ – 4 year PQE Planning and Environmental Solicitor advising on both urban and rural schemes whilst acting for, amongst others, landowners, house builders and banks. The Planning team is headed up by Alex Madden, Partner and Head of Planning and Environmental.
Ideally you will have experience in both contentious and non-contentious town and country planning. You will be able to demonstrate that you’re a driven Solicitor with a real passion for this area of law. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal and people skills to maintain and build good client relationships. From day one you will be running your own caseload and you will be supported by our Associate Solicitor based in Romsey. It is a great role for someone who is looking to develop their skills and experience.
The successful candidate will be involved in non-contentious work, such as:
- Negotiating and drafting both planning and infrastructure agreements and due diligence reports
- Preparing and submitting planning applications
- Due diligence for acquisitions of Brownfield sites and advising on the contaminated land regime
The successful candidate will be involved in contentious work, such as:
- Advising on statutory appeals and representation at hearing and public enquiries
- Advising clients in relation to statutory challenges in the High Court and judicial review
- Undertaking work in the Magistrates’ Court when defending/mitigating in relation to criminal offences
- Advising on Assets of Community Value, Community Infrastructure Levy (and associated appeals) together with the Compulsory Purchase and Compensation regime, Town and Village Greens, Highways and Rights of Way
- Advising on appeals against abatement notices, controlled waste offences, Environmental Permitting Regulations and Waste packaging regulations
By joining Thrings you’re joining an ever growing Firm; we have experts who serve clients in a variety of industries and Practice in many different areas of Law. We’re keen to recruit and retain the right talent to help us grow and develop as a Firm. We’re a Top 100 Law Firm with offices in Swindon, Bristol, Bath, London & Romsey; with award winning teams it’s clear to see why people want to work with us.