The Real Estate team in Swindon is seeking an aspiring career paralegal, with or without paralegal qualifications for a newly created role which will provide support to the team’s fee earners. The role will suit someone who aspires to a long-term, challenging and enjoyable paralegal career. Your role will include specific fee-earning responsibilities with modest chargeable hours and billing targets and offers the opportunity to develop and progress your career.
The Real Estate Team in Swindon consists of 7 fee earners with a wide range of commercial property expertise serving local, regional and national clients. Complimenting our strong general commercial property practices, we have specialisms; Strategic Land, Pension Fund Property, Corporate Occupiers, Corporate Support, Secured Lending and Thrings’ plot-sales team.
Your role will provide support to the team with;
- Offering support to all partners and fee earners in the department, assisting with the management and progression of a wide range of commercial property matters and plot sales.
- Drafting of basic documents based on heads of terms, proof reading documents, reviewing and reporting on search results, liaising with and chasing other parties to transactions
- Communicating with clients and helping to ensure the highest standard of client care on matters during the course of the transaction.
- Assisting with the department’s post-completion process, working with the secretaries and trainees to ensure all matters follow the correct and proper post-completion procedures, meeting all relevant deadlines and being chased where needed.
- Dealing with other conveyancing formalities / procedures, such as searches, Land Registry applications, Companies House applications and stamp duty land tax returns. (SDLT)
- Legal research of cases and legislation.
- Assisting team members with document production.
- Liaising with accounts in relation to bills, credit control and file closing.
At Thrings we’re extremely proud of the relationships we have built with our clients and excellent client service is the root of our success and working closely with the firm’s construction, planning and property litigation teams we are able to offer a full and seamless service for clients with property needs. Swindon’s position as a regional commercial hub means that we work closely with our corporate colleagues to service many of the area’s corporate giants.
We practice in a number of areas of Law and the expertise across the business is vast. No two clients work in exactly the same way which means we adapt our ways of working so we can get the best from the relationships. This means that the person who comes in to fulfil this role will need to be adaptable to support this.
We offer a host of great benefits including Private Medical Cover, ability to buy and sell holiday and flexible benefits that can be tailored to your personal needs.
Part time flexible working will be considered as part of the Team’s culture.
If this role sounds interesting, and you have a passion for providing a great service to our clients and internal colleagues, we’re look forward to hearing from you!
Thrings is a vibrant expanding law firm with a diverse client base offering excellent career prospects to talented and driven individuals. We operate in offices in Bristol, Bath, London, Swindon and Romsey, serving clients within the UK, but increasingly with an international presence.
We’re a client focussed firm who has award winning lawyers working for us. We’re noted by Chambers & Partners for the relationships we’ve built with our clients, and the increasing presence we’re building in the markets and clients we serve. We provide a range of services to different clients in areas such as Agriculture, Private Client, Corporate & Commercial and Commercial Property and are noted for having specialists that practice in each of these areas. We work across offices, with different practice areas to best serve the needs of our clients.