Thrings is a vibrant expanding law firm with a diverse client base offering excellent career prospects to talented and driven individuals. We operate in offices in Bristol, Bath, London, Swindon and Romsey, serving clients within the UK, but increasingly with an international presence.
We’re a client focussed firm who has award winning lawyers working for us. We’re noted by Chambers & Partners for the relationships we’ve built with our clients, and the increasing presence we’re building in the markets and clients we serve. We provide a range of services to different clients in areas such as Agriculture, Private Client, Corporate & Commercial and Commercial Property and are noted for having specialists that practice in each of these areas. We work across offices, with different practice areas to best serve the needs of our clients.
Our Finance team are looking for an experienced and competent Revenue Controller to join their team on a full time basis based in our Romsey office, to take responsibility for the Revenue Cycle of allocated Practice Areas and provide an efficient, commercial and client focussed service.
Working alongside our Credit Control function and reporting to the Revenue Manager you will be responsible for managing, from a financial perspective, the matters our fee earners are working on to ensure client financials are managed well.
You’ll be tasked with meeting regularly with fee earners discussing the clients they’re working with and understanding the levels of work in progress, debt and client balances. In turn this will mean that you’ll be able to provide a pipeline of billing, recovery rates, method of payment and dates which will feed in to the financial forecasting we produce; identifying early on any risks we have or any potential impact to profitability of the work being done. Where you’re seeing that things aren’t progressing or targets being met you will then have the relevant people to escalate this too.
Typical other duties will include:
- Supporting fee earners with bi-annual WIP valuations
- Assisting with client cost updates - where the scope of work changes
- Building relationships with key clients & stakeholders
- Effecting better recovery of monies owed to help reduce any financial risk
- Observing, comparing and documenting practices to ensure consistency and effective time management is promoted
- The role will involve regular travel to each office.
- Interaction with fee earners and clients is at the heart of this role, it therefore requires someone with exceptional interpersonal skills who can build strong working relationships at all levels, along with the ability to deliver results.
To excel in this role you will need to demonstrate that you thrive on targets, are tenacious and resilient, building relationships with our fee earners and the clients they support can sometimes present challenges which means you’ll need to change tact – you need to show us this won’t phase you. In return you’ll be rewarded with an excellent benefits package including company funded Private Medical Insurance, flexible working and a flexible benefits package that can be tailored and expanded to fit yours and your family’s needs. If this all sounds interesting then please don’t hesitate applying today.