Thrings is a vibrant expanding law firm with a diverse client base offering excellent career prospects to talented and driven individuals. We operate in offices in Bristol, Bath, London, Swindon and Romsey, serving clients within the UK, but increasingly with an international presence.
We’re a client focussed firm who has award winning lawyers working for us. We’re noted by Chambers & Partners for the relationships we’ve built with our clients, and the increasing presence we’re building in the markets and clients we serve. We provide a range of services to different clients in areas such as Agriculture, Private Client, Corporate & Commercial and Commercial Property and are noted for having specialists that practice in each of these areas. We work across offices, with different practice areas to best serve the needs of our clients.
We are looking for a HR Administrator to join our team at Thrings to help us drive forward the HR and people strategy for 2020 and beyond. The team is split across two locations, supporting colleagues in all five Thrings offices; the role will be based in our Bristol office working flexible, part time hours.
The work will be varied and you can expect to be included in some of the following and much more:
- Recruitment admin to include arranging interviews, regrets and posting jobs
- Ensure new joiner paperwork and checks are completed
- Prepare new employee files and updating the HR System
- Serving as a first point of contact for all employee questions, processing incoming mail and calls
- Dealing with all aspects of the employees life cycle, such as, long service and recognition awards, contracts, flexible working letters, etc
- Maintaining current HR files and databases, ensuring information is accurate and up to date, and running reports as requested
Ideally you will have experience working within a HR team, understanding the value and importance of providing a high quality customer service We’re looking for someone who is confident in using Microsoft office, in particular someone who is comfortable with using Word and Excel to manipulate data. If you are a team player who enjoys working as part of a wider team you will fit in well with us. You need to be organised and able to work with conflicting priorities, sometimes due to the nature of the role we can be given tasks at short notice so we need someone who can be flexible and adapt to this. You will understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality and discretion at all times.