We are currently seeking an experienced Compliance Manager to join our award winning financial services business. Transact is the leading independent investment wrap platform in the UK. The service, an online platform, owned and built by us, combined with dedicated regional adviser support to bring investments together in a smarter, more tax efficient way. This is a new role in our well-established Group Compliance team which will be attractive particularly to those seeking a collegiate environment where they can make a real difference as part of a respected team.
The Compliance Manager will sit as part of the Organisational Compliance team within Group Compliance and will be responsible for the delivery of high quality and accurate regulatory advice and guidance working closely with other teams within Group Compliance and with all areas of the business.
The role includes providing oversight and direction to other team members in Group Compliance, providing general advisory, process and development support to the Group, supporting the delivery of compliance initiatives, regulatory development analysis, regulatory change projects and, in particular, advice and guidance on COBS, CASS, SYSC, Conduct Risk and prudential regulation.
Substantial experience working in compliance roles within the UK financial services industry is essential for this position. Previous experience of CASS and/or Prudential Regulatory matters will be a strong plus.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- As needed, deputise for the Organisational Compliance team leader in times of absence and provide day to day support to and guidance for other team members within Group Compliance.
- Advise on applicable rules and regulations and provide guidance on complex regulatory queries in general.
- Deliver advice, support and challenge to the business as needed on regulatory projects and advice.
- In particular provide support to Finance, Actuarial, Risk, Internal Audit and the CF10a on Solvency II, CRD/CRR, CASS and other prudential and organisational.
- Keep informed on regulatory developments affecting the Group, in particular, as regards Solvency II, CRD/CRR, CASS and other prudential and organisational developments and contribute to assessing their impact and lend support on horizon scanning activities in other regulatory areas as needed.
- As required, lead or support responses to consultations and implement necessary changes to policies, procedures, processes and systems.
- Contribute to the delivery of timely and effective reporting to the regulators, Boards, Committees and Forums, Group Counsel and Head of Compliance on compliance activity and projects.
- Network effectively internally and externally to ensure work is delivered smoothly internally and to be able to benchmark Group practices.
- Take responsibility as required for designing, producing and managing compliance processes and management information as needed.
- Lead and develop others as required, effectively ensuring that sufficient time is given to individual development and delivering high quality work.
- Oversee, provide direction and/or work closely with other members of the Group Compliance team across a broad range of compliance work.
- Lead and/or deliver as required regulatory change projects or compliance initiatives.
- Support regulator reporting and regulator visits as needed
This is an excellent opportunity for an analytically strong and intellectually curious compliance professional with significant practical knowledge of, understanding of, and the ability to apply FCA and PRA rules and guidance particularly those relating to COBS, SYSC, CASS, TCF, Conduct Risk and prudential matters (namely IFPRU and BIPRU). Experience and understanding of DISP, SUP, COCON and the PRA’s insurance rules for Solvency II firms is also desirable, but not a necessity.
An in-depth understanding of the UK and, ideally, the EU and Isle of Man, regulatory environment as it relates to the retail financial services industry (including tax and investment wrap products) and investment business is an essential. Previous experience of CASS and Prudential Regulatory matters will be a strong plus. Previous experience of preparation and presentation of regulatory advice, regulatory development updates, regulatory projects delivery and solid ability to generate quality MI and reporting would be desirable.
This role will suit a highly numerate candidate with the ability to deal with complex information, analyse new or amended regulations and identify and communicate impacts and practical implications for the business in an effective and commercial manner.