Would you like to take on a role that allows you to further your career within a pro open-source company, with the chance to work with varied technology during a period of IT transformation? If so, Transact's IT department have a new opportunity for an experienced Systems Administrator with a strong Linux/Unix skill set to join an innovative and growing team, who also have a number of exciting projects upcoming as part of a wider business change programme.
- Management and maintenance of Transact’s internal IT infrastructure. This includes, Servers, Hardware, Virtual Environment, LAN & WAN, Storage and Telecoms.
- Implementation of new technology as part of many upcoming projects.
- Providing escalation support to the other internal IT teams.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining up to date and effective documentation on all relevant IT systems, services and procedures.
- Assisting in the Development and control of the IT security policy and associated policies.
- Ensuring security on all systems and legal requirements are met.
- Assisting in the management and responsibility for company data ensuring that all backup and restore procedures are adhered to and effective.
- Ensuring that any planned changes to the IT infrastructure are efficient, viable and documented in line with Change Control methodologies.
- 5+ years commercial experience
- Strong Linux experience, ideally RedHat\CentOs
- Scripting knowledge (Bash, Python, Perl)
- Microsoft Windows Server & Desktop Environments
- Active Directory & GPO management
- Network administration (TCP/IP, DHCP, wireless, DNS etc.)
- Data backup technologies
- Pro-active, collaborative team member
- Experience with configuration management (such as Puppet or Chef)
- Experience with Server virtualisation (KVM\RHV)
- Experience with LAMP Stack
- Experience with SDN Technologies
- Switch\Router\Firewall management
- Storage technologies (SAN\iSCSI\Samba\ZFS\NFS)
- Security Patch management
- Knowledge of Mitel phone systems
- Knowledge of monitoring solutions (Nagios\Icinga\Solarwinds)
In return we offer you a great remuneration package including company discretionary bonus, excellent pension contributions, an attractive staff share scheme, BUPA health insurance, season ticket travel loans, buying and selling of annual leave and sponsorship of your relevant professional qualifications.
We provide a diverse and inclusive workplace and ensure that all of our staff respect and understand individual differences. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Transact is the leading independent investment wrap platform in the UK. First established in 2000 we have over 166,000 client investment portfolios ( as at 30th September 2018) and £31.6 billion of funds under direction (as at 31st December 2018).
Our service includes an online platform, owned and built by us, and dedicated regional adviser support to bring assets and investments together in a smarter, more tax efficient way.
We offer access to a wide range of tax wrappers (including ISAs, pensions and life insurance investment bonds) and funds which advisers use to build client investment portfolios. Portfolio valuations, purchases and sales are all supported via Transact Online which is available 24/7.