An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Compliance Manager, Financial Crime to lead a well-established team within the Compliance function at Transact.
Working as part of the Compliance team, this role is an excellent opportunity for an individual to progress their career in a financial crime role and potentially into a more generalist Compliance role ultimately.
Transact is the leading independent investment wrap platform in the UK. First established in 2000 we have over 166,000 client investment portfolios (30th September 2018) and £31.6 billion of funds under direction (31st December 2018). Our service includes an online platform, owned and built by us, and dedicated regional adviser support to bring assets and investments together in a smarter, more tax efficient way. Transact's parent company, IntegraFin Holdings plc, is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 index.
The main purpose of this role is to help counter the risks of financial crime by managing the team and delivering the financial crime compliance programme which includes a mixture of regular surveillance, controls testing, annual risk assessments and enhanced account monitoring in line with the Group's Compliance policies. This role also involves supporting the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (‘MLRO’) in the development of systems and controls to counter financial crime, including market abuse.
Key areas of responsibility include:
• Assisting the MLRO and Deputy MLROs in all areas relating to Financial Crime, as well as providing reliable advice, guidance and recommendations to the business on such matters;
• Carrying out financial crime related annual risk assessments and tracking through actions;
• Taking a lead in developing and delivering training to enhance the skills and awareness of staff within the business in relation to financial crime and as needed, cybercrime in conjunction with the IT team;
• Maintaining the High Risk Client (‘HRC’) risk register including reviews of new and existing entries and making recommendations to senior management on necessary action;
• Delivering the agreed Market Abuse and Anti-Money Laundering surveillance programmes, investigating all “red flags” and escalating potential suspicious activities and persons through the Internal Suspicious Activity Reporting (‘ISAR’) and HRC processes;
• Chairing the monthly Financial Crime Forum and presenting the monthly financial crime MI;
• Collating and analysing data in order to provide relevant, accurate and timely reports to the Group boards, committees and forums
• Liaising with, and reporting cases as needed to law enforcement agencies, maintaining good relations with the Police, National Crime Agency, Action Fraud and other national security and intelligence services.
• Managing, motivating and developing the Financial Crime Adviser.
To be considered for this position, you must have worked within a Life and Pensions, an Investment or an Asset Management firm, or similar. You must have at least 5 years’ experience of working in a Compliance department in financial crime and regulatory compliance, with experience relating to anti-money laundering, fraud prevention, market abuse and ideally cybercrime including investigation experience.
Practical knowledge, understanding and application of the FCA and PRA handbooks of rules and guidance is essential to this role as is detailed knowledge of the JMSLG guidance.
Transact has a relatively diverse retail client base, therefore the successful individual will need to demonstrate strong investigative and decision making skills to provide well-reasoned, proportionate recommendations on whether or not to accept clients.
You must have excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to engage with various departments as well as senior management.
In return we offer you a great remuneration package including company discretionary bonus, excellent pension contributions, an attractive staff share scheme, BUPA health insurance, season ticket travel loans, buying and selling of annual leave and sponsorship of your relevant professional qualifications.
We provide a diverse and inclusive workplace and ensure that all of our staff respect and understand individual differences. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.