Are you an experienced risk management professional looking for a new challenge? Do you have extensive operational risk management experience within a financial services environment? If so, we are currently recruiting for a Senior Risk Manager to join our Risk Management team.
Transact is the leading independent investment wrap platform in the UK. Established in 2000, we have over £37 billion of funds under direction (as at September 2019) on behalf of over 5,700 advisers and 173,000 investor clients. Our service includes an online platform, owned and built by us, and dedicated regional adviser support to help bring clients' assets and investments together in a smarter, more tax efficient way. We offer access to a wide range of tax wrappers (including ISAs, pensions and life insurance investment bonds) and funds which advisers use to build client investment portfolios. Portfolio valuations, purchases and sales are all supported via Transact Online which is available 24/7. Transact's parent company, IntegraFin Holdings plc, is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 index.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, including company discretionary bonus, excellent pension contributions, an attractive staff share scheme, BUPA health insurance, season ticket loan, buying and selling of annual leave and sponsorship of relevant professional qualifications.
The Risk Management function provides the framework, infrastructure, tools and methodology to allow key decision makers to manage risk as part of their overall business role, within the risk appetite agreed by the Board. The function co-ordinates the implementation of the risk management framework, ensuring a consistent approach is adopted throughout the Group.
Reporting directly to the Head of Actuarial & Risk, you will be managing and developing the Risk Management Function, implementing the risk management strategy throughout the Group to meet business objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Drive the vision and purpose for the Risk Function and lead the Risk Management team in delivering an integrated approach to risk management.
- Evolve a Group-wide risk management function that balances framework, policy and processes with forward thinking capability and direction.
- Design and implement appropriate risk management systems that identify the risks facing the Group and enable Risk Committees and Boards to make robust assessment of the principal risks.
- Help set appropriate risk appetite statements by determining the nature and extent of the principal risks which the Group (and each Company) is willing to take to achieve its strategic objectives and remain financially and operationally resilient.
- Help build a network across the business to embed an appropriate risk culture.
- Ensure risk governance and risk policies and procedures meet existing regulatory requirements for the PRA, FCA and IoM FSA.
- Oversee production of annual ICAAP/ORSA reports and quarterly risk reports, KRIs and risk dashboards.
- You will be an experienced risk management professional with a solid understanding of risk concepts and risk management techniques.
- You must be degree educated and have financial services experience with appropriate risk management qualifications, in particular, focussing on operational risk management.
- You should have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to Senior Management and staff at all levels.
- You must have knowledge of relevant legislative requirements from the PRA (insurance) and FCA (investment firms) and an awareness of expected future requirements.
- It is expected that you will have 7+ years of risk management experience along with demonstrated people management experience.
- A good level of statistical modelling skills and familiarity with the use of statistical packages (e.g. @Risk, R or equivalent) would be desirable.
We provide a diverse and inclusive workplace and ensure that all of our staff respect and understand individual differences. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.