Are you ACA qualified and looking for an Internal Audit position? Do you have experience of Internal or External Audit in the Financial Services sector and have a good understanding of the UK regulatory framework?
We are looking for an ACA qualified auditor to join our Internal Audit department.
This role is suited to individuals who have the ACA qualification (or a similar qualification). You must have experience of performing external audits or internal audits in the Financial Services sector. Any previous experience of CASS external audits or other regulatory audits is highly desirable. Any experience or interest in data analysis (including SQL) would be advantageous.
You will be responsible for individually completing internal audits of selected areas of the business and reporting these to senior management. You will be assessing business operational processes and risks, analysing data, assessing regulatory requirements, and making recommendations and driving through improvements. Our internal auditors work closely with other business departments including Actuarial & Risk, Compliance, Finance, IT, Data, and Operations.
- Individually performing internal audits as assigned in the Group Annual Internal Audit Plan. The audits will be varied and will encompass reviews of business operational processes, regulatory compliance, capital adequacy, governance, risk and IT
- Internal audit planning, scoping, fieldwork and reporting
- Completing internal audit work programmes in accordance with the Internal Audit methodology
- Attending meetings with Group senior management to validate audit findings, and in partnership with the business developing pragmatic and commercial audit recommendations that will mitigate the identified risks
- Communicating the findings from internal audits confidently and articulately to senior staff within the business.
- Writing internal audit reports that will be provided to the Group Audit Committee, the Board of Directors of subsidiary entities, and Group senior management
- Preparing quarterly departmental reporting to the Group Audit Committee
- Researching regulatory and legislative requirements applicable to the Group
- Setting up and performing data analysis of the Group’s key operational processes
The successful candidate must have excellent written communication skills as an important part of this role involves report writing.
Transact is the leading independent investment wrap platform in the UK. Established in 2000, we have over £37 billion of funds under direction (as at September 2019) on behalf of over 5,700 advisers and 173,000 investor clients. Our service includes an online platform, owned and built by us, and dedicated regional adviser support to help bring clients' assets and investments together in a smarter, more tax efficient way. We offer access to a wide range of tax wrappers (including ISAs, pensions and life insurance investment bonds) and funds which advisers use to build client investment portfolios. Portfolio valuations, purchases and sales are all supported via Transact Online which is available 24/7. Transact's parent company, IntegraFin Holdings plc, is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 index.
We have been rated the number one investment platform in independent surveys conducted by CoreData and Investment Trends for the last ten consecutive years (2010-2019), once again topping major categories including Overall Satisfaction, Investment Capabilities and Adviser Support Services in the 2019 Investment Trends survey. We are proud to have been voted Platform of the Decade at the 2016 UK Platform Awards, and in 2017 we won eight awards including FT Adviser’s 5 Star Investment and Investment Innovation award. In 2018 our awards included Platforum's Best Adviser Platform over £10bn, as well as Professional Paraplanner's Best Platform and Best Overall Service - Existing Business awards, and our 2019 haul so far includes Professional Adviser's Best Platform for Advisers (AUA over £20bn) and Professional Paraplanner's Best Platform award.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, including company discretionary bonus, excellent pension contributions, an attractive staff share scheme, BUPA health insurance, season ticket loan, buying and selling of annual leave and sponsorship of relevant professional qualifications.
We provide a diverse and inclusive workplace and ensure that all of our staff respect and understand individual differences. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.