Would you like to take on a role that allows you to further your career within a fast paced FTSE 250 company within the financial services sector? Are you passionate about IT and have previous experience leading a team in an operational environment?
If so, we are looking for an experienced IT Operations Manager to join our IT department.
Supporting the Head of IT you will be responsible for managing a team of 11 technical staff and work alongside our software development sister company in Australia. You will be covering all aspects of service delivery, systems administration, departmental projects and some internal applications development, you will assist in leading the team to meet the company’s expectations for productivity and quality of service in a mixed Windows and Open Source environment.
You will be responsible for the management of the day to day operational performance for the IT department, ensuring that SLA’s are met and the IT teams take a proactive approach to service and anticipate how any changes to systems availability will impact the business. There will be a large focus on reporting, process implementation and process improvement.
Critical to the success of delivering an excellent IT service are our people. The team is highly engaged and committed to providing high levels of service to the business. A key part of this role is coaching, mentoring and developing all team members to ensure personal growth and learning. As such we need an individual with a proven track record managing teams. You must be passionate about recognising, rewarding and developing the IT team.
- Oversee the IT Systems Support, Administration and Development team’s day to day operational focus, ensuring they are maintaining all relevant systems and delivery of key projects to a high standard.
- Ensure the teams are using all monitoring systems and tools appropriately, to ensure our environment is as secure and up to date as possible.
- Maintain, manage, and add to the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) for the organisation.
- Ensure the IT teams take a proactive approach to service and anticipate how any changes to systems availability will impact the business.
- Ensure that all proactive network and infrastructure monitoring is undertaken, to ensure all environments remain healthy, protected and up to date, in order to reduce vulnerabilities or system failures.
- Use data analysis and statistics to drive performance, highlighting any areas of improvement and development.
- Ensure that all operational processes are followed in relation to monitoring, maintenance, replacement and security of our environments.
- Turn the IT strategy into a set of definable activities and projects with clear timescales in order to deliver key outcomes.
- Ensure that IT policy and standards are clearly documented and adhered to through management and development of the IT teams.
- Ensure that any new system or process has a clearly defined framework and is adopted by all members of the team.
- Deliver project updates and MI to the Head of IT as requested or as scheduled and agreed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum of 4 years managing/leading an IT or technology team.
- Previous IT Operations experience within a fast paced environment.
- Strong technical experience working with Microsoft, Linux and other Open Source platforms.
- Experience of implementing ITIL frameworks including (Incident / Service Request / Problem / Change Management).
- Excellent problem solving skills and task management.
Transact is the leading independent investment wrap platform in the UK. Established in 2000, we have over £37 billion of funds under direction (as at September 2019) on behalf of over 5,700 advisers and 173,000 investor clients. Our service includes an online platform, owned and built by us, and dedicated regional adviser support to help bring clients' assets and investments together in a smarter, more tax efficient way. We offer access to a wide range of tax wrappers (including ISAs, pensions and life insurance investment bonds) and funds which advisers use to build client investment portfolios. Portfolio valuations, purchases and sales are all supported via Transact Online which is available 24/7. Transact's parent company, IntegraFin Holdings plc, is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 index.
We have been rated the number one investment platform in independent surveys conducted by CoreData and Investment Trends for the last ten consecutive years (2010-2019), once again topping major categories including Overall Satisfaction, Investment Capabilities and Adviser Support Services in the 2019 Investment Trends survey. We are proud to have been voted Platform of the Decade at the 2016 UK Platform Awards, and in 2017 we won eight awards including FT Adviser’s 5 Star Investment and Investment Innovation award. In 2018 our awards included Platforum's Best Adviser Platform over £10bn, as well as Professional Paraplanner's Best Platform and Best Overall Service - Existing Business awards, and our 2019 haul so far includes Professional Adviser's Best Platform for Advisers (AUA over £20bn) and Professional Paraplanner's Best Platform award.
We offer you a great remuneration package including company discretionary bonus, excellent pension contributions, an attractive staff share scheme, BUPA health insurance, season ticket loan, buying and selling of annual leave and sponsorship of your relevant professional qualifications.
We provide a diverse and inclusive workplace and ensure that all of our staff respect and understand individual differences. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.