Do you have excellent attention to detail? Do you have a proven desire to continuously question and learn? Do you have previous experience of providing advice on financial and prudential reporting requirements? Do you enjoy analysing the impact of new regulations?
If this sounds like you, then we currently have an exciting new vacancy within our Compliance Department’s Regulatory Relations team focusing on key aspects of Regulatory Relations work and compliance related reporting. This is a great opportunity to take your next step into a career within Compliance and Regulations, working within a growing, FTSE 250 listed Financial Services business.
Transact is the leading independent investment wrap platform in the UK. Established in 2000, we have over £34.9 billion of funds under direction (as at March 2020) on behalf of over 6,000 advisers and 187,000 investor clients. Our service includes an online platform, owned and built by us, and dedicated regional adviser support to help bring clients' assets and investments together in a smarter, more tax efficient way. We offer access to a wide range of tax wrappers (including ISAs, pensions and life insurance investment bonds) and funds which advisers use to build client investment portfolios. Portfolio valuations, purchases and sales are all supported via Transact Online which is available 24/7. Transact's parent company, IntegraFin Holdings plc, is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 index.
About the role:
The role will see you supporting the Compliance Manager, and Senior Compliance Manager, Regulatory Relations, to deliver the work of the Regulatory Relations Team and, as required, the Compliance Department more broadly.
You will provide advice to the relevant teams in relation to reporting requirement (such as financial and prudential reporting), including assisting with interpretation points.
The role will also involve monitoring, assessing, and advising on the impact of emerging regulation and regulatory initiatives affecting the Group. You will assist with the compilation and timely submission of data, reports and information to the Group’s regulators, including the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA).
Key areas of responsibilities include:
• Co-ordinating the compilation and submission of periodic reporting and ad hoc information requests to the Group’s regulators on time, assisting in determining parameters for data and information to be supplied, and validating its accuracy and completeness prior to submission;
• Maintaining a forward looking calendar for the submission of information and reports to the Group’s regulators;
• Assisting as required with responses to consultations and the implementation of necessary changes to policies, procedures, processes and systems;
• Supporting and co-ordinating the Regulatory Relations team’s management of on-site visits by the Group’s regulators;
• Working with the wider Compliance Department to ensure high quality departmental compliance reporting and MI is provided to the Group; and
• Assisting with the co-ordination and delivery, as required, of regulatory change projects and compliance initiatives;
• Supporting the horizon scanning activities of the team, including preparation of Regulatory Developments Updates, analysing regulatory papers to assess the impact on the firm, and maintaining associated records;
• Keeping the team’s procedure manual up to date.
Who we are looking for:
The successful candidate will have experience working within the legal or compliance teams of a Financial Services company and good knowledge of FCA and PRA rules. You should have strong research, analytical, organisational and planning capabilities, and an appetite to question and learn. Excellent attention to detail is required, as is the ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure, working both independently and as part of a team. Due to the nature of the role and Transact as a business, great relationship management and interpersonal skills are essential.
We provide a diverse and inclusive workplace and ensure that all of our staff respect and understand individual differences. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.