Regional Client Operations Manager
A little about us
First established in 2000, Transact is the leading independent investment wrap platform in the UK. Our excellent service is at the core of our success, and this is delivered through our skilled and dedicated staff, and supported by technology that we own and continuously develop. Working with financial advisers, we bring assets and investments together in a smarter, more tax efficient way.
About the role
The key focus of this role is to lead a team of Client Service Managers who provide day-to-day support to financial advisers. Ensuring that you put the client at the centre of everything that you do, you will drive our service through efficiency and accuracy, as well as developing the skills and competencies of those who report to you.
As we align each of our client service teams with a set region of the UK, this also allows you and your team to really understand the needs of our financial advisers and to build strong working relationships.
In addition to your regional team, you will also be a member of the Management team within our Client Operations department. Working collaboratively with this group, you will play a key role in influencing the wider department in order to continuously develop and evolve our service offering.
Key duties of this role include:
- Monitoring and managing the quality of your team’s output.
- Establishing and communicating team priorities, aligned to our department and business focus.
- Providing immediate and ‘hands on’ support using your knowledge of process and policy, as well as principles and regulations.
- Identifying, resolving and/or escalating systemic issues.
- Managing the team workload by effectively delegating work among team members.
- Taking ownership of relationships with advisers within your region, developing and implementing service strategies.
- Working with your team to develop and manage relationships with the financial adviser firms.
- Building and maintaining internal relationships across the company.
- Developing a collaborative and cohesive team with common goals.
- Lead and coach your team through daily interactions, one-to-one meetings and annual Performance & Development Reviews (PDRs).
- Setting out expectations for your team and making individual responsibilities clear and engaging.
- Providing regular feedback to your team about their performance.
- Be willing to confront difficult situations head-on.
- Motivating your team and providing recognition for individual and team success.
- Developing your team's skills by creating opportunities and providing support through training, coaching and mentoring.
- Taking responsibility for your own training and development needs and, with our support, ensure you continually develop yourself.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record within Financial Services, previously having worked in a client facing and service driven role. You should be able to demonstrate an ability to manage a team and support personal development. You will have detailed knowledge of, and experience of working with, all wrapper types and investment products we offer. To demonstrate that you have furthered your knowledge we are looking for candidates who have completed a Financial Services qualification such as the IOC or CFP.
The role is based in our central London office, although we are currently working from home. We hope to return to the office in January 2022, whereby we will undertake a six month pilot of working a hybrid arrangement of three days a week in the office and two days a week from home. If this pilot is a success, it is expected to become a permanent arrangement. If, for any reason, it is not a success, the role will be office based five days a week.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, including company discretionary bonus, excellent pension contributions, an attractive staff share scheme, BUPA health insurance, season ticket loan, buying and selling of annual leave and sponsorship of relevant professional qualifications.
We provide a diverse and inclusive workplace and ensure that all of our staff respect and understand individual differences. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.