We are currently recruiting for a Client Money and Asset Administrator to join our Custody Asset Reconciliations Team within our Corporate and Client Accounting department.
The client accounting area is responsible for ensuring all client money and assets held by Transact for clients are recorded accurately. We must be able, at any time, to distinguish client money and assets held for one client from client money and assets held for any other client. The various roles within client accounting all facilitate this.
Transact is the leading independent investment wrap platform in the UK. Established in 2000, we have over £52.11 billion of funds under direction (as at September 2021) on behalf of over 6,500 advisers and 205,000 investor clients. Our service includes an online platform, owned and built by us, and dedicated regional adviser support to help bring clients' assets and investments together in a smarter, more tax efficient way. We offer access to a wide range of tax wrappers (including ISAs, pensions and life insurance investment bonds) and funds which advisers use to build client investment portfolios. Portfolio valuations, purchases and sales are all supported via Transact Online which is available 24/7. Transact's parent company, IntegraFin Holdings plc, is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 index.
- Reconciling custody asset holdings to external records kept by registrars/fund administrators
- Communicating with third parties to obtain statements and transaction information
- Identifying and escalating asset discrepancies with the relevant internal departments
- Documenting and monitoring progress of the resolution of asset discrepancies
- Calculating the value of custody asset shortfalls to segregate in the client money account
- Producing accurate management information
- Managing workloads to ensure all tasks are completed within deadlines
- Ensuring all processes are performed as set out in CASS compliant written procedures
- Being aware of, and making reference to, the CASS 6 and 7 regulations that govern many of the activities of the Client Accounting Department
- Providing support to other teams in the department when required
This vacancy would suit an individual with 1-2 year financial services experience and to be considered for this position you must have at least a Grade ‘B’ in GCSE English and Maths. Financial Services qualifications such as an IOC or IMC will be advantageous.
The successful candidate should be self-motivated with strong attention to detail. We are looking for individuals who thrive under pressure and are highly organised with the ability to prioritise workload within strict deadlines. You should have an aptitude for figures, with the ability to understand and summarise large quantities of complex information accurately. You must be highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and have the ability to effectively communicate with staff across various departments.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, including company discretionary bonus, excellent pension contributions, an attractive staff share scheme, BUPA health insurance, season ticket loan, buying and selling of annual leave and sponsorship of relevant professional qualifications.
We provide a diverse and inclusive workplace and ensure that all of our staff respect and understand individual differences. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.