An opportunity has arisen to join the Custody Asset Income team as a Client Money & Asset Administrator. This is a great opportunity to be a specialist within our wider Corporate and Client accounting department.
The Client Accounting Department’s overarching responsibility is to safeguard client money and assets held by Transact for clients by ensuring the money and assets are recorded and reconciled accurately to enable the firm at any time to distinguish client money and assets held for one client from client money and assets held for any other client.
Transact is the leading independent investment wrap platform in the UK. Established in 2000, we have over £52.11 billion of funds under direction (as at September 2021) on behalf of over 6,500 advisers and 205,000 investor clients. Our service includes an online platform, owned and built by us, and dedicated regional adviser support to help bring clients' assets and investments together in a smarter, more tax efficient way. We offer access to a wide range of tax wrappers (including ISAs, pensions and life insurance investment bonds) and funds which advisers use to build client investment portfolios. Portfolio valuations, purchases and sales are all supported via Transact Online which is available 24/7. Transact's parent company, IntegraFin Holdings plc, is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 index.
The Asset Income team are responsible for accurately processing client income, including dividend and interest distributions, fee rebates and interest. Activities also include chasing all expected income and investigating queries that may arise.
All activities must be completed according to documented procedures and within regulatory and internally prescribed deadlines.
Responsibilities will include:
- The timely and accurate processing of client asset income (dividend and interest distributions, Fund Manager rebates, excess income released by offshore reporting funds);
- Tracking client asset income received versus expected frequency, and following up any asset income that has not been paid at the expected frequency;
- Timely and accurate production of asset income matching reports sent to senior management;
- Timely and accurate investigation, resolution and escalation of internal and external stakeholder queries that may arise;
- Investigation and timely resolution of unidentified and unallocated payments received, within prescribed CASS 7 deadlines;
- Producing accurate and relevant Management Information that tracks volumes, issues and errors.
- Ensuring procedures and process maps are updated when processes change, and reviewed at least quarterly. Ensuring procedures and process maps are relevant and accurate;
- Solid awareness of CASS 6/7/8 and any other regulations that are relevant to the core processes in the Client Accounting Department;
- Fostering and maintaining strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Awareness of how the Department’s activities fit and support the Transact business proposition;
- Drive a professional and ethical culture within the Department, aligned with the FCA’s principles for business.
- Rotations through other teams within the Client Accounting Department, both routinely and at times where teams are experiencing an increase in volumes.
We are looking for someone who thrives under pressure and is highly organized, with the ability to prioritise workload and work to strict deadlines. You should have some previous financial services experience with some understanding of distributions and/or fund manager rebates. You should have an aptitude for figures, with the ability to understand and summarise large quantities of complex information accurately. The role requires you to analyse and interpret information so that correct action can be taken, therefore the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the ability to solve complex problems and have a keen attention to detail. Good communication skills are essential.
We are keen to encourage continued learning and the successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake financial services qualifications. Candidates who are already in possession of relevant qualifications would be advantageous. To be a graduate from a Mathematics, Economics or Finance background would be ideal while having a minimum of “B” grade in GCSE Mathematics and English.
We are looking for a candidate to already have intermediate MS Excel skills with experience using Excel in a work place environment. Previous experience using CREST would also be advantageous.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, including company discretionary bonus, excellent pension contributions, an attractive staff share scheme, BUPA health insurance, season ticket loan, buying and selling of annual leave and sponsorship of relevant professional qualifications.
We provide a diverse and inclusive workplace and ensure that all of our staff respect and understand individual differences. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.