Would you like to take on a role that allows you to further your career within a rapidly growing company, with the chance to work with varied technology during a period of IT transformation? If so, Transact's IT department have fantastic opportunities for experienced Linux Systems Administrators to join our innovative and growing team. Be part of the exciting business change programme, and IT transformation projects we have planned, in order to continue to grow our award winning group of businesses.
- Managing, maintaining and securing of Transact’s internal IT infrastructure. This includes, Servers, Hardware, Virtual Environment, LAN & WAN, Storage and Telecoms.
- Implementation of new technology as part of many upcoming projects.
- Providing escalation support to the other internal IT teams.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining up to date and effective documentation on all relevant IT systems, services and procedures.
- Assisting in the Development and control of the IT security policy and associated policies.
- Ensuring security on all systems and legal requirements are met.
- Assisting in the management and responsibility for company data ensuring that all backup and restore procedures are adhered to and effective.
- Ensuring that any planned changes to the IT infrastructure are efficient, viable and documented in line with Change Control methodologies.
- 5+ years commercial experience
- Certified Linux Administrator, ideally RedHat\CentOs
- Hands on Experience with configuration management (such as Puppet or Salt)
- Experience with Server virtualisation (VMware)
- Knowledge of monitoring solutions (Zabbix\Nagios\Graylog\Grafana)
- Experience of Switching\routing and Firewall management and Network Protocols (TCP/IP, DHCP, wireless, DNS, VPN etc.)
- Experience of HP Server Hardware
- Good understanding of SAN/NAS Management
- Experience of Email and Messaging systems (Postfix, Dovecot, Roundcube)
- Hands on Scripting experience (Bash, Python, Powershell)
- Data backup technologies
- Pro-active, collaborative team member
- Understanding of Apache web services
- Experience of Log aggregation and Elastic Search
- Understanding of VDI and RDS environments
- Experience with SDN Technologies
- Security Patch management
- Knowledge of 3CX phone systems
In return we are able to offer a competitive base salary, discretionary company bonus, BUPA health insurance, 25 days annual leave and sponsorship for relevant professional qualifications.
The role is based in our central London office, we are currently undertaking a six month pilot of working a hybrid arrangement of two days a week in the office and three days a week from home. If this pilot is a success, it is expected to become a permanent arrangement.
Transact is the leading independent investment wrap platform in the UK. Established in 2000, we have over £54.54 billion of funds under direction (as at December 2021) on behalf of over 6,600 advisers and 213,000 investor clients. Our service includes an online platform, owned and built by us, and dedicated regional adviser support to help bring clients' assets and investments together in a smarter, more tax efficient way. We offer access to a wide range of tax wrappers (including ISAs, pensions and life insurance investment bonds) and funds which advisers use to build client investment portfolios. Portfolio valuations, purchases and sales are all supported via Transact Online which is available 24/7. Transact's parent company, IntegraFin Holdings plc, is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 index.
We provide a diverse and inclusive workplace and ensure that all of our staff respect and understand individual differences. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.