Are you looking for an internal audit role where you are seen as a trusted and respected assurance provider enabling positive change, influencing better outcomes, and contributing to organisation success? Do you have experience of Internal/ External Audit in the Financial Services sector, preferably in Investment Management/ Life Insurance? Do you have experience of using data analytics providing enhanced assurance and value add/ insight? Do you see yourself as collaborative, pragmatic and diligent?
If so, our Internal Auditor position within the Group Internal Audit department could be for you. The team consists of five individuals and this role reports into the Internal Audit Manager.
You will be responsible for leading and delivering full end to end internal audits of selected areas of the business and actively involved in reporting these to senior management. You will be identifying significant business risks, analysing data, assessing the effectiveness of key controls, and making recommendations and driving through improvements. Our internal auditors work closely with other business departments including Actuarial & Risk, Compliance, Finance, IT and Operations.
- Performing internal audits as assigned in the Group Annual Internal Audit Plan. The audits will be varied and will encompass reviews of business operational processes, regulatory compliance, capital adequacy, governance, risk and IT.
- Internal audit planning, scoping, fieldwork and reporting (including written reports).
- Completing internal audit working papers in accordance with professional standards, and the Group Internal Audit methodology.
- Attending meetings with Group senior management to validate audit findings, and in partnership with the business developing pragmatic and commercial audit recommendations that will mitigate the identified risks.
- Communicating the findings from internal audits confidently and articulately to senior staff within the business.
- Writing internal audit reports that will be provided to the Group Audit Committee, the Board of Directors of subsidiary entities, and Group senior management.
- Researching regulatory and legislative requirements applicable to the Group.
You must be ACA / ACCA or CIA qualified (or equivalent) with a keen interest in evaluating risks and controls, and have excellent report writing skills. This role is suited for those performing external audits or internal audits in the Financial Services sector, and ideally have experience in data analysis (for example using advanced excel techniques or using other analytics tools). You must also be dependable, comfortable working independently, inquisitive, and have the ability to communicate openly and provide actionable advice. In turn, you will be supported by our approach of continuous learning and play a key part in further developing and maturing our internal audit department. The department operates in line with the Group’s culture of empowering staff to grow and maximising skills. We challenge our people in a fair environment where hard work is rewarded and a path for progression is open to all.
Transact is the leading independent investment wrap platform in the UK. Established in 2000, we have over £54.54 billion of funds under direction (as at December 2021) on behalf of over 6,600 advisers and 213,000 investor clients. Our service includes an online platform, owned and built by us, and dedicated regional adviser support to help bring clients' assets and investments together in a smarter, more tax efficient way. We offer access to a wide range of tax wrappers (including ISAs, pensions and life insurance investment bonds) and funds which advisers use to build client investment portfolios. Portfolio valuations, purchases and sales are all supported via Transact Online which is available 24/7. Transact's parent company, IntegraFin Holdings plc, is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 index.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, including company discretionary bonus, excellent pension contributions, an attractive staff share scheme, BUPA health insurance, buying and selling of annual leave and sponsorship of relevant professional qualifications.
The role is based in our central London office on a hybrid working basis. This comprises two days a week in the office and three days a week from home on a pilot scheme of 6 months. If this pilot is a success, it is expected to become a permanent arrangement.
We provide a diverse and inclusive workplace and ensure that all of our staff respect and understand individual differences. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.