Are you an experienced 2nd/3rd Line IT Systems Support looking for the next step in your career within financial services? If so, an exciting opportunity has arisen within our IT department!
Transact is the leading independent investment wrap platform in the UK. Established in 2000, we have over £54.54 billion of funds under direction (as at December 2021) on behalf of over 6,600 advisers and 213,000 investor clients. Our service includes an online platform, owned and built by us, and dedicated regional adviser support to help bring clients' assets and investments together in a smarter, more tax efficient way. We offer access to a wide range of tax wrappers (including ISAs, pensions and life insurance investment bonds) and funds which advisers use to build client investment portfolios. Portfolio valuations, purchases and sales are all supported via Transact Online which is available 24/7. Transact's parent company, IntegraFin Holdings plc, is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 index.
Acting as a point of escalation for the IT Systems Support team, you will be responsible for providing support to internal staff members. You will ensure user facing software (including all applications and operating systems) remains current and up to date and review all software/tool sets on an ongoing basis and ensure this is used consistently across the team and business.
As customer service is at the forefront of what we do here at Transact, you must be customer focused and demonstrate the ability to offer a high-level of service over the phone and in person within defined SLA's.
- Acting as a point of escalation for 1st and 2nd Line Support on the team.
- Acting as a liaison between the System Support and System Administration teams.
- Maintaining constant communication with the Head of System Support on all matters affecting the team.
- Ensuring that we are using the right tool sets / software with a consistent approach within the team and business.
- Reviewing on an ongoing basis of the software within our estate to ensure the software meets its business purpose and security/access needs.
- Resolving and documenting tickets, escalating where necessary to management on high risk or business critical issues.
- Maintaining open lines of communication and collaboration between the Information Technologies department and user departments.
- Taking a lead in proactive support, identifying issues before they become service impacting, logging tickets for the team or resolving yourself as appropriate.
- Assisting in mentoring and training junior team members on company infrastructure and technology.
- 2-3 years in a 2nd/3rd Line IT service desk support role
Working knowledge of:
- In depth knowledge of Windows 10, 7 and desktop office packages
- Administration from a command line – CMD, Bash or Powershell
- Advanced administration of working with command lines – CMD, Bash or Powershell and or scripting experience
- Supporting of Open Source technology
- Email & web browser troubleshooting
- PC hardware, set up and configuration
- DHCP, DNS and TCP/IP addressing and computer networks
- Remote Working Tools
You will have a passion for technology along with a desire to broaden your skillset. You will be a problem solver that consistently looks for ways to improve technologies, systems and processes.
We reward and recognise hard working and enthusiastic individuals who help us maintain our position as a market leader in the wrap platform sector. We encourage a collaborative culture; using your initiative and imagination to help us to continually improve.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, including company discretionary bonus, excellent pension contributions, an attractive staff share scheme, BUPA health insurance, buying and selling of annual leave and sponsorship of relevant professional qualifications.
The role is based in our central London office on a hybrid working basis. This comprises two days a week in the office and three days a week from home on a pilot scheme of 6 months. If this pilot is a success, it is expected to become a permanent arrangement.
We provide a diverse and inclusive workplace and ensure that all of our staff respect and understand individual differences. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.