Transact is the leading independent investment wrap platform in the UK. Established in 2000, we have over £53.5 billion of funds under direction (as at March 2022) on behalf of over 6,600 advisers and 218,000 investor clients. Our service includes an online platform, owned and built by us, and dedicated regional adviser support to help bring clients' assets and investments together in a smarter, more tax efficient way. We offer access to a wide range of tax wrappers (including ISAs, pensions and life insurance investment bonds) and funds which advisers use to build client investment portfolios. Portfolio valuations, purchases and sales are all supported via Transact Online which is available 24/7. Transact's parent company, IntegraFin Holdings plc, is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 index.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Corporate Tax team as a Payroll Specialist. This is a small three person team, and forms part of the wider Corporate Accounting team.
Your core responsibility will be the accurate and timely processing of the Group staff payroll. You will also be responsible for answering payroll queries from staff; answering queries from clients or their advisers on pension payments processed by the platform software; ensuring that both client and staff employment taxes are settled and reported to HMRC within prescribed deadlines.
Group staff payroll:
- End to end processing of four monthly staff payrolls and one quarterly payroll;
- Responding on a timely basis to payroll related queries;
- Processing and submitting payments and reports to HMRC for employment taxes;
- Processing deductions for the staff share scheme and liaising with the third party administrator;
- Preparing monthly payroll reports, reconciliations and variance analysis;
- Double-entry bookkeeping of payroll journals.
Platform client pension payroll:
- Responding on a timely basis to pension payroll queries from clients and advisers;
- Processing and submitting tax payments and reports to HMRC for PAYE.
- Preparing payroll information for the purposes of auditor review;
- Liaising with auditors and answering queries efficiently and accurately as required.
Ad hoc tasks to assist the Corporate Tax team including, but not limited to:
- Preparing reports and payments for HMRC which relate to other areas of platform client taxation such as stamp duty, tax on interest income and tax reclaims;
- Ensuring process maps and procedures and are kept up to date;
- Providing general support as required to a busy finance department.
To be considered for this role you must have end to end payroll experience with a good working knowledge of tax codes as well as previous reconciliations experience. You must be proficient with Microsoft Excel. You should be highly organised with the ability to work efficiently and with a high degree of accuracy. Previous experience of iTrent payroll software or Navision accounting software would be helpful but is not essential.
We are looking for someone to join a small busy team, so we need a strong team player with excellent prioritisation skills. You must be a strong communicator, both written and verbal, as you will be handling queries from both staff and clients.
We provide a diverse and inclusive workplace and ensure that all of our staff respect and understand individual differences. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.