Covering Kent, East Sussex and part of the West Sussex area, we have a fantastic opportunity to join the leading independent wrap platform as a Business Development Manager. Principally, you will be responsible for targeting the adviser market in the designated region in order to generate new business for Transact and to encourage repeat business from our existing users. You will also be fostering and strengthening relationships with our current users to encourage the adviser to place more funds onto the Transact platform through professional support.
Key areas of responsibility:
The Business Development Manager is responsible for generating profitable sales of the Transact service to independent financial advisers. This starts by the identification of key business opportunities for our business and then by educating & informing advisers about the client, and adviser firm benefits of using Transact.
You will be responsible for:
- Maintaining effective business relationships with our existing client base which consists of UK authorised advisers, with the aim of developing an extensive and widening client base for Integrated Financial Arrangements.
- Pro-actively pursuing new prospects for the Transact service and converting these to actual new business.
- Contributing to the achievement of sales targets by developing relationships with advisers & adviser firms to encourage new clients.
- Maintaining effective business relationships with our existing client base to maximise business volume from our existing supporters.
- Following up on marketing activity e.g. Conferences & Seminars to ensure that the information disseminated has the desired impact and results i.e. new users.
- Interrogating and effectively making use of our internal and external MI on a consistent and regular basis.
- Achieving sales targets and contributing to the adoption of the sales strategy in response to changing market conditions.
- Liaising in detail with both the Adviser Support Managers and the regional client operations teams so that opportunities are identified and effective coordination is in place, to maximise the potential for profitable growth.
This opportunity would be ideal for an individual already working in the wrap platform industry with a good understanding of Transact’s place in it. You should have the ability to inspire confidence in our new and existing users, gaining a thorough understanding of their businesses requirements. You need to be a confident, assertive individual, with a tenacious attitude and a determination to succeed. You must have a strong customer focus with the proven ability to establish and maintain strong client and inter-personal relationships. Ideally you will be Level 4 qualified.
Transact is the leading independent investment wrap platform in the UK. Established in 2000, we have over £54.54 billion of funds under direction (as at December 2021) on behalf of over 6,600 advisers and 213,000 investor clients. Our service includes an online platform, owned and built by us, and dedicated regional adviser support to help bring clients' assets and investments together in a smarter, more tax efficient way. We offer access to a wide range of tax wrappers (including ISAs, pensions and life insurance investment bonds) and funds which advisers use to build client investment portfolios. Portfolio valuations, purchases and sales are all supported via Transact Online which is available 24/7. Transact's parent company, IntegraFin Holdings plc, is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 index.We have been rated the number one investment platform in independent surveys conducted by CoreData and Investment Trends for the last ten consecutive years (2010-2019), once again topping major categories including Overall Satisfaction, Investment Capabilities and Adviser Support Services in the 2019 Investment Trends survey.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, including company discretionary bonus, excellent pension contributions, an attractive staff share scheme, BUPA health insurance, buying and selling of annual leave and sponsorship of relevant professional qualifications.
This role is home based, and will cover Kent and the South East. You will ideally be based within the region to allow you to travel easily to visit Advisers. You must have a full, clean driving license and be prepared to travel.
We provide a diverse and inclusive workplace and ensure that all of our staff respect and understand individual differences. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.