The post holder will lead strategic engagement and partnership development across a wide range of groups, organisations and businesses operating within the visitor economy primarily at a regional and local level. Working at a senior level with the ability to move seamlessly from strategic to operational discussions, this will entail seeking out opportunities, ensuring that there is effective partnership working at a regional and local level with the right people, businesses and bodies at the right time with clear, concise and consistent messages.
In a changing economic environment and a sector with growth potential, the post holder must demonstrate impact and outcomes. The emphasis of this work will be around delivering a highly visible, professional, compelling presence at a regional and local level.
The Partnership Directorate has the key role of developing and delivering strong partnerships with industry players at national, regional and local level and for championing the needs of our industry and stakeholder partners throughout the organisation.
Knowledge/Skills and Experience:
- Significant experience at senior level in partnership management roles
- Significant experience of leading and successfully managing senior teams
- Experience of successful achievement of commercial targets
- Proficient in developing strategies with input from multiple partners
- Excellent account management skills demonstrated at a senior level.
- Ability to influence internal and external partners at all levels.
- Experience of dealing with media in a spokesperson role and building a strong personal and organisational profile
- Degree or equivalent.
- Good understanding of government strategies, policy and local issues affecting tourism and tourism growth.
- Driving licence essential
VisitScotland actively promotes the Gaelic language and an interest in the language or possession of Gaelic Language skills would be considered a desirable attribute in any prospective employee.
Please see job description below. If you would like more clarity on the role please contact Ken Massie: Ken.Massie@visitscotland.com