The Visitor Information Network is responsible for the operation of a large and geographically diverse network of VisitScotland iCentres (VICs) spread throughout Scotland. The VICs deliver a range of information and sales services to locals and visitors on holiday in Scotland including the sale of tickets, books, maps, gifts and souvenirs.
The postholder will be responsible for assisting in the operation of a VIC including helping to deliver against commercial targets and ensuring quality of service is delivered in compliance with national standards. Through these activities the department will play a critical role in helping to deliver the ambition to grow the tourism industry in Scotland. This target may be delivered, in part, by encouraging visitors to stay longer, take part in more activities and spend more. The role can influence visitor decision making by offering ideas and inspiration.
This post is key to delivering VisitScotland’s customer first approach and in driving our overall vision of being ‘one team for Scotland’.
Knowledge/Skills and Experience:
- Customer service experience essential
- IT proficient
- Foreign language skill desirable
- Knowledge of Scotland essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Sales experience desirable
- Cash handling experience essential
- VisitScotland actively promotes the Gaelic language and an interest in the language or possession of Gaelic Language skills would be considered a desirable attribute in any prospective employee