This is a challenging job managing the largest team in Corporate Communications, and playing a key role in maintaining the reputation of VisitScotland by persuading and influencing the media, social media and other content channels to promote our good news and at times negating negative press coverage.
The post holder will manage a team of six (based all around Scotland) to deliver successful corporate PR activity. A key part of this role is about overseeing the management of the corporate press team in their future development and career progression. The post holder will develop and deliver a strong and effective corporate media strategy to protect and enhance the corporate reputation of VisitScotland nationally and internationally.
The post holder manages a programme of media and social media activity to raise awareness of VisitScotland’s activities, creating a supportive climate with key stakeholders including tourism businesses, private and public sector partners and the general public which will help VisitScotland deliver its aims and objectives. The role will involve liaising closely with the CEO and Chair around comms issues, both proactively and reactively, and managing the media response to protect the reputation of the organisation.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience in managing a team to deliver results is essential.
- Graduate calibre, or equivalent relating to journalism, communications.
- The jobholder must have significant experience in a press office or PR agency at manager level with a major organisation or company.
- A background in journalism, media relations/social media management is essential for this job, as is the ability to prioritise work in a demanding and often changing environment.
- The jobholder must have a “highly tuned nose” for news and must champion a news aware organisation.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills are required and awareness of the wider corporate goals of the organisation is essential.
- Excellent contacts both internally and particularly externally with the media are essential.
- Excellent social media knowledge and skills are a must.
VisitScotland actively promotes the Gaelic language and an interest in the language or possession of Gaelic Language skills would be considered a desirable attribute in any prospective employee.
For more information, see job description below.