VisitScotland are seeking an ambitious and people orientated leader, constantly striving to motivate and inspire their team toward achieving growth from North America through collaborative working with internal and external stakeholders, finding innovative solutions to problems and proactively seeking opportunities to raise Scotland’s profile in market. The postholder will be a major support to the Senior Market Manager Americas in distilling vital consumer and trade insights and results towards the development of the overall strategy for the markets and in leading on the development of market and programme plans.
Critical to success will be the effective collaboration with the Global Brand and Performance Marketing and Customer Experience teams to provide campaign briefs which can be translated into highly effective and measurable campaigns across a broad range of channels. Opportunities exist for this activity to be significantly extended through co-operative promotions with major airlines and other partners.
The postholder will develop relationships with their peers throughout the organisation, working closely with the Global Brand and CX teams, as well as colleagues in the Insights, and Partnerships teams. Key relationships overseas will be with VisitBritain along with designated key accounts including key airline partners and non-tourism partners.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience in strategic planning and marketing planning
- Proven background in B2B and B2C marketing
- Partnership development
- Strong key account management background
- Business development experience is an advantage
- Strategic thinking, creativity and an eye for opportunity
- Relevant experience in an international marketing arena
- Cultural empathy with assigned territories
- Team management skills
- Good knowledge of the tourism product on a pan-Scotland basis
- Professional marketing qualification desirable
VisitScotland actively promotes the Gaelic language and an interest in the language or possession of Gaelic Language skills would be considered a desirable attribute in any prospective employee.
Previous candidates need not apply.
For more information, please see job description below.