The IT Department of VisitScotland deals with approximately 850 IT users throughout the networks 68 offices and will potentially deal with a range of support calls covering legacy and new VisitScotland systems.
The IT User Support Engineer is the main IT contact for VisitScotland staff, and is vitally important to the provision of a high quality customer focused IT service.
This role will involve the jobholder engaging in the IT out of hours and weekend support cover rota as well as field support across the network of VisitScotland offices.
Knowledge/Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in, an IT support role where the focus is meeting the needs of customers, anticipating and aiming to exceeding their expectations.
- Qualification in an IT related discipline and/or relevant experience in IT support role
- Good working knowledge of computer and network technologies with particular emphasis on desktop systems, preferably Dell and printers, preferably Canon and HP
- Good working knowledge and experience of Microsoft Windows operating systems, particularly Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Good working knowledge of supporting applications, in particular Microsoft Office 365
- Previous experience administering Microsoft Windows Server beneficial
- Qualification and/or experience working in customer the service industry
- Experience following a procurement process
- Ability to work as part of a team and under your own supervision
- Problem solving and communication skills
VisitScotland actively promotes the Gaelic language and an interest in the language or possession of Gaelic Language skills would be considered a desirable attribute in any prospective employee.
For more detailed information on the role, please see job description below.