The Content, Design and Delivery Department in VisitScotland is responsible for leading the organisation’s content and design functions and prioritising the delivery of digital projects aligned to the Corporate plan and organisational requirements.
The department is instrumental in ensuring that Scotland looks good across a range of digital platforms, owned, earned, paid and partner channels producing quality Scotland digital content and assets that support our growth ambitions and deliver against our annual targets and key performance measures.
The post-holder must be able to understand and interpret requirements and follow creative briefs, ensuring work meets the quality, accessibility and usability standards of the team. The role requires effective communication, time management, collaborative working and an understanding of the organisation’s audiences, strategies, objectives and KPIs. The type of work tackled includes creating assets for content marketing, creative design of emails, infographics and illustrations, production of static and animated digital banners and development of existing and new user interface elements for a range of supported websites.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- Commercial experience of designing to brand guidelines either client or agency side
- A portfolio of past work that focuses on digital applications
- A solid understanding of graphic design principles and web design best practises
- An understanding of current UX best practices in interface design across multiple devices
- Well-practised in the creation of wireframes, prototypes and mock-ups
- Fluent with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of applications, in particular Photoshop & Illustrator
- A solid grasp of Responsive Web Design principles including mobile first design and progressive enhancement
- Experience of designing interfaces for both smartphone and tablet and the challenges and limitations faced
- An understanding of HTML email design
- Ability to present, justify and sell design principles and approaches to colleagues
- Ability to accurately estimate work, meet deadlines and work closely with project managers to deliver work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A keen interest in industry trends, events and current thinking
- Excellent attention to detail and a passion for pixel perfect design
VisitScotland actively promotes the Gaelic language and an interest in the language or possession of Gaelic Language skills would be considered a desirable attribute in any prospective employee.
For more information, please see job description below.