Working together with other members of the team to provide solutions, the post-holder will be responsible for building and maintaining web applications, proactively identifying, tracking and tackling technical debt and bugs.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience required:
- Java (JDK 7+, Servlet 3 and JSP 2.2)
- Tomcat 7 or similar
- MySQL, JPA (Hibernate/OpenJPA)
- Experience working with, RESTful services, JSON and XML
- Proven track record developing web sites and applications
- Exposure to best practice testing approaches (JUnit, JMeter)
- Knowledge of software design patterns in Java
VisitScotland actively promotes the Gaelic language and an interest in the language or possession of Gaelic Language skills would be considered a desirable attribute in any prospective employee.
For more details please see job description below.