The Performance Marketing Department in VisitScotland is responsible for driving growth in the visitor economy by developing VisitScotland’s channels to provide a seamless customer experience, making it easy for the visitor to find quality advice and information to help them plan, visit and enjoy a break in Scotland.
The department is responsible for the development, delivery and optimisation of digital channel activity, monitoring the performance of each to deliver sustainable marketing activities that inspire people from around the world to visit and explore Scotland. It plays a key role in driving growth in the visitor economy through a programme of content development, promotion and optimisation to connect more visitors with tourism business across Scotland.
The post-holder will play an important role in the development of VisitScotland’s digital customer experience. They will take an insight and user-driven approach to drive improvements in user experience and will make recommendations to develop products to ensure that we drive innovation and improve overall visitor satisfaction with the aim of providing quality information to more people and ensuring each digital product contributes to our annual performance targets.
The post-holder will have experience in digital marketing and be experienced in using web analytics, and able to refine UI, UX and visual design to ensure optimal customer journeys.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience required:
- Strong set of skills in the field of UX, including research, analysis, heuristic evaluation and workshop facilitation
- Strong wireframing, sketching and prototyping skills, expert UX reviews, customer experience mapping and user interface/interaction design
- Self-starter and self-learner, with strong coaching skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Extensive experience in development and enhancement of digital products, including apps, websites and other digital applications
- Demonstrable experience in delivering UX research projects, with knowledge of current best practice in user testing techniques and ability to translate findings into actionable outcomes
VisitScotland actively promotes the Gaelic language and an interest in the language or possession of Gaelic Language skills would be considered a desirable attribute in any prospective employee.
For more information, please see job description below.