The Assistant Area Manager (Information & Quality), is a key operational management role within the Partnership Directorate, contributing to the day to day delivery of visitor information services. The post holder will be assigned a geographical area of Scotland.
The post holder will support the Area manager and will be responsible for managing the onsite day-to-day operations of the iCentre network and the delivery of a regional outreach/mobile information services.
The post will demand a focus on the management of staff within the VisitScotland iCentres, ensuring a high standard of quality service is delivered in line with VisitScotland standards.
Knowledge/Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience at a supervisory or junior management level within a relevant working environment
- Graduate in relevant business subject or tourism or equivalent relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a genuine interest and track record of managing people
- Good numeracy skills and fiscal management
- Good level of ICT skills
- Knowledge of staff supervision essential
- A proven track record of working towards commercial business goals/KPI’s – retail management experience would be desirable
- Must be dynamic with the ability to operate effectively in a fast moving environment
- Must have the ability to develop/motivate/enthuse staff, as well as establish and maintain good working relationships amongst colleagues and work well as part of a team
- Must have the ability to operate on own initiative and have good problem solving
- Must hold a driving licence.
VisitScotland actively promotes the Gaelic language and an interest in the language or possession of Gaelic Language skills would be considered a desirable attribute in any prospective employee.
For more information, please see job description below.