This is a new role within VisitScotland, responsible for setting standards and policing quality across all development activity both ongoing and historic.
The Planning function within the Marketing and Digital Directorate forms the hub of all project management and overall planning for the digital delivery of projects for the wider organisation, both for internal and external delivered programmes of work. They work with all disciplines; creative, development, Webops, and content to deliver multi-dimensional digital projects, plus all internally services print and design projects.
The programme management function is also responsible for the delivery of any transformational projects being delivered to the organisation internally or externally.
The Test Manager plays a lead role in project delivery and quality assurance. Closely embedded in all phases of digital projects, the Test Manager is integral to the end to end management and delivery of projects and the daily processes and quality standards of the organisation’s technical teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Demonstrable logical approach and excellent attention to detail
- Good understanding and experience of web systems, services and overall project lifecycle
- Define and create appropriate test scripts
- Document and feed back to both creative, front end and technical developers
- Extensive experience building automated tests using Selenium and/or Nightwatch
- Knowledge of OO programming languages (Java, PHP)
- Good understanding of Microsoft products such as Word, Excel and Project
- Good leadership skills
- Knowledge in team building and line management
- Proactive approach to fulfilling and supporting business objectives
- Ability to communicate at high level with senior leadership and translate technical requirements in to layman’s terms and vice-versa
- Extensive experience in defining, establishing, creating and embedding good working practices
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Ability to present information in a meaningful and relevant manner, including detailed documentation
- A senior position required to work autonomously; be a self-starter; motivated and able to collaborate well with others.
For more information, see below job description.