Working together with other members of the team to provide solutions, the post-holder will be responsible for building and maintaining web applications, proactively identifying, tracking and tackling technical debt and bugs.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience required:
- Java (JDK 7+, Servlet 3 and JSP 2.2)
- Tomcat 7 or similar
- MySQL, JPA (Hibernate/OpenJPA)
- Experience working with, RESTful services, JSON and XML
- Proven track record developing web sites and applications
- Exposure to best practice testing approaches (JUnit, JMeter)
- Knowledge of software design patterns in Java
Previous candidates need not apply.
VisitScotland actively promotes the Gaelic language and an interest in the language or possession of Gaelic Language skills would be considered a desirable attribute in any prospective employee.
For more details please see job description below.