Recipe for Success:
As “Britain’s Best Loved Food Brand” we have been baking bread since 1876. Today we are proudly a fifth-generation family company supplying 18,500 retail customers from 12 bakeries and 15 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 4,500 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us as a Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for and we are the only food manufacturer on the list for the third year running. Family and values are what makes us different and we are a proud bunch. Join us and be proud to be Warburtons.
We’re going on a journey of innovation and continuous improvement and you’ll drive, through your team, safe, efficient and timely delivery of products out to our customers. We work as part of a family and teamwork is very important to us, the role will work with the Bakery and Distribution management teams daily. You’ll have your eye on the budget and be able to manage and maintain a fleet of vehicles in accordance with Company policy, health & safety and statutory and legal requirements. Most importantly, people are our most precious ingredient, recruitment, motivation and team development will play an important part of your role.
You will be confident in your communication style and be able to adapt to running both site and group meetings to understand operational issues, strategy and planning. You’ll develop team budgets and effectively manage the operation to confirm that budget targets and key cost ratios are achieved and ensure all primary & Class 2 vehicles are released for maintenance, and maintained in accordance with Company policy and statutory and legal requirements
You’ll be proud of keeping our trucks moving and our customers happy.
- Working knowledge and experience of managing large teams within a distribution environment
- Experience of managing Primary (Class One) and Secondary (Class Two) multi-drop operations ideally in FMCG
- Previous experience of defining and managing an operating budget
- A solid understanding of Distribution systems, processes and Operator Licence, Tachograph & Working Time Directive regulations
- Working knowledge and experience within a Unionised environment
- Experience of working with and managing relationships with 3rd party suppliers
- A working knowledge of IT systems ideally SAP
- Analytical & problem-solving skills within project management or change management
And last and by no means yeast you will want to know what your bread’s worth;
- Family time and your time is important to us and we know it will be to you, so we will start you on five weeks holiday
- Ongoing personal development either sponsored or supported
- A slice of the annual profits
- Award winning pension plan
- Life Assurance
- Discount Vouchers / products
- Benefits for you and your family for example; discounted gym membership, child care vouchers, bike to work scheme