The role focuses on driving best practice and continuous improvement in the hygiene arena to ensure we are able to deliver unbeatable quality in our mission to become Britain’s Best Food Business.
You’ll lead your hygiene team with strong ideas, clear focus and credibility whilst engaging and influencing key stakeholders and teams across the site. You’ll develop and manage the implementation of a plant maintenance and improvement programme to increase bakery efficiency and meet performance criteria.
As a Hygiene Team Leader you’ll coordinate hygiene schedules and labour to ensure compliance to legislation, microbiological and visual hygiene & food safety standards. Identify ways to bring cost savings whilst maintaining efficiencies and quality as well as managing your budget for labour, maintenance and stocks. Ensuring that potential hazards are analysed and preventative measures are actioned to reduce the risk of harm.
Working alongside the Hygiene Manager and Centre Food Safety team you’ll manage the implementation and adherence to food safety and hygiene systems in the bakery, implementing good food safety strategies. As part of the sustainability strategy you’ll be focused on reducing unnecessary water usage as well as tracking usage for national reporting purposes.
As ‘Britain’s Best Loved Food Brand’ we have been baking bread since 1876. Today, we are proudly a fifth generation family company supplying 18,500 retail customers from 12 bakeries and 14 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 4,500 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us as a Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies’ to work for.
Family and values is what makes us different, and we are a proud bunch, join us and you too could be proud to be Warburtons.
- A proven track record of maintaining and improving high standards of hygiene ideally within a food manufacturing environment.
- You’ll have a good working knowledge of H&S/food safety systems & legislation (e.g Advanced Food Hygiene, COSHH & IOSH).
- Working knowledge of CIP and BRC.
- Experience of managing and improving your teams performance with the ability to plan and prioritise work, adapting to changing requirements. With an emphasis on people development and talent management.
- Knowledge of managing a budget and cost control.
And last and by no means yeast you will want to know what your bread’s worth;
- Ongoing personal development either sponsored or supported
- A slice of the annual profits
- Award winning pension plan
- Life Assurance
- Discount Vouchers / products
- Benefits for you and your family for example; discounted gym membership, child care vouchers, bike to work scheme