Are you an experienced Engineering Manager with a background in a fast-paced manufacturing business and with a passion for Safety, CI & People Management? Due to continued growth and investment in our Engineering teams we are looking for an Engineering Manager to support our Burnley Bakery, it's an exciting time to join our team.
Working alongside our site management team, you’ll engage and motivate a skilled team of Engineers, utilising root cause analysis to identify and prioritise corrective, preventative, predictive and mitigating actions. We have had huge investment in our Burnley site and you’ll be working with a mixture of the old and the new with PPM and RCM methodologies.
At our Burnley Bakery, the team are dedicated to delivering unbeatable quality in a safe manner with highly reliable equipment. We are proud to be leading and developing a collaborative, creative and responsive team at the cutting edge of engineering innovation.
We’re going on a journey of innovation and of continuous improvement whilst working on a changing approach to reliability centred maintenance. Our Engineering Manager will join us to lead that change and invest time and energy into the development of our engineering team. There’s a lot to do and we’ll need you to start with getting into the detail, you’ll be resilient and able to lead during a time of change and have the energy to take us on our journey.
Our Engineering Manager and our Engineering teams are encouraged to foster new ideas and perspectives whilst driving change at a pace; we’re looking for you to make a personal impact, have passion and inspire a team whilst recognising successes and rewarding that along the way. We take pride in keeping our people and customer’s safe, so you’ll play a key role in ensuring work is conducted in accordance with our stringent health and safety requirements. You’ll be responsible for monitoring the budget and playing a part with the formation of revenue and capital budgets and plans.
As “Britain’s Best Loved Food Brand” we have been baking bread since 1876. Today we are proudly a fifth-generation family company supplying 18,500 retail customers from 12 bakeries and 15 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 4,500 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us as a Sunday Times Top Best Big Companies’ to work for over a number of years. Family and values are what makes us different and we are a proud bunch. Join us and be proud to be Warburtons.
Passionate about our people you too will want to engage and develop your team driving together for results. People are our most precious ingredient so along with your technical focus, you will have a passion for people development as well as a hunger for working collaboratively with your colleagues to drive the success of our site.
- You’ll have previous experience of managing a team of Engineers
- A working knowledge and understanding of Budgets, Capex (proposals and project implementation), contract management, supplier negotiation
- Previous experience of working with electrical control systems and automation
- A strong mechanical background with electrical multi-skilled experience
- You’ll be able to deploy and execute a reliability centred asset care strategy
- Passionate about quality and best practice whilst driving continuous improvement
- Have experience of COSHH & HACCP, with a working knowledge of H&S audits and processes
- Possess an Engineering Qualification such as HND, HNC, BTECH or equivalent
And last and by no means yeast you will want to know what your bread’s worth;
- Ongoing personal development either sponsored or supported
- A slice of the annual profits
- Award winning pension plan
- Life Assurance
- Discount Vouchers / products
- Benefits for you and your family for example; discounted gym membership, bike to work scheme