Are you a Construction Project Manager with experience of project managing building, structural and civil engineering projects within a fast-paced manufacturing and distribution environment? We have a fixed-term contract opportunity available that will span the next two years to support us at a critical time of growth & investment.
Based in our Bolton Head office and supporting the Building & Services Manager, the team are committed to managing building and construction projects from inception, design & build through to completion. Utilising project management software including CAD to produce schedules and drawings to support the required resources and onsite contract management of any projects.
There will be an element of national travel throughout our bakery & distribution network in the UK. The role will come with a Company Car in line with the travel requirements.
We are Proud to have our fingers on the pulse of every development we embark on.
As ‘Britain’s Best Loved Food Brand’ we have been baking bread since 1876. Today, we are proudly a fifth-generation family company supplying 18,500 retail customers from 12 bakeries and 15 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 4,500 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us as a Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies’ to work for.
Family and values is what makes us different, and we are a proud bunch, join us and you too could be proud to be Warburtons.
In the role of a Construction Project Manager you will be instrumental in delivering a variety of agreed construction projects on time and to budget. You’ll develop excellent project management skills with an ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal (project team/sites) and external stakeholders (contractors/consultants) to ensure success.
You will responsible for Construction projects from the preparation of feasibility budgets, capex budgets and project schedules, right through to project completion. You will have working knowledge of the relevant legislation including contract law, Health and Safety legislation; CDM 2015; Planning and Building Regulation Approvals, to ensure all regulations are adhered to throughout the duration of the projects.
Continuous improvement is championed, with the opportunity to drive improvements of processes and manage multiple construction projects that will help Warburtons deliver effective operations. This is an excellent development opportunity for an ambitious individual looking to further a career in building and construction project management
- Available to support a two-year project on a fixed-term contract
- Passionate in your career in Building and Construction projects with experience of working in a fast-paced food manufacturing or FMCG environment
- Experience using design and planning tools e.g. Autocad/Revit/Project (this can be trained)
- Excellent numerical skills, with an understanding of how to prepare, manage and monitor budgets.
- Knowledge of the Planning and Building Regulations application process.
- Ability to design building footprints with an understanding of space planning layouts.
- Project management skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise work to ensure agreed targets are met
- Confident in your ability to run and organise project meetings
- Be an effective decision maker.
- Competent with excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Member of or working towards professional body, CIOB or equivalent.
At last and by no means yeast you'll want to know what your breads worth.
- Family time is important to us and we know it will be to you, we offer a 5 day holiday buy-back scheme to all employees in addition to your 25 days annual leave
- A slice of the annual profits
- Award winning pension plan
- Life assurance
- Discount vouchers and products you’ll love
- Benefits for you and the family for example; Gym membership, Child care vouchers, Ride to work
- Job Need Car