Are you a Design Engineer in FMCG and looking for a new challenge?
Based at our Head Office in Bolton our Project Team have an opportunity for a Design Engineer. Due to continued investment in new product development, new technology and keeping one foot firmly in our future, we are in an exciting time of growth!
Working alongside our Head of Project Engineering and supported by our team of Design & Project Engineers you’ll be in the company of Industry experts.
The Project Engineering Team are dedicated to executing Engineering projects throughout our national bakery network in the UK, therefore you’ll be able to travel nationally as part of your role and carry out site surveys and attend meetings as required.
Our Engineers are proud of having their finger on the pulse of every new & innovative investment we develop
It’s a great time to join Warburtons, we are fully committed to our continued investment in new product development across our significant product range.
As part of our Project Engineering team you will be responsible for the delivery of all agreed engineering drawings associated with the projects you are working on, on time, to agreed standards and agreed time lines, ensuring that Continuous Improvement is embedded every time.
We’re looking for a natural communicator, someone experienced in working under their own initiative. You’ll be able to influence Project Engineers, and operational site teams with innovative ideas and strong design principles to enable the very best support for your projects ensuring a clear understanding of new processes and technology.
You’ll be supporting our Project Engineers in sourcing suppliers, building relationships with suppliers, supporting with project documentation such as NDA’s, equipment URS’s and supply agreements.
We never compromise on Health & Safety or Quality therefore you will be responsible for supporting our Health and Safety strategy, UK legislation and company standards in all project work as a priority. You will also support our Food Safety Team and their priorities. As a Design Engineer you’ll also keep an eye on energy usage improvements and innovations within the national network.
As ‘Britain’s Best Loved Food Brand’ we have been baking bread since 1876. Today, we are proudly a fifth-generation family company supplying 18,500 retail customers from 11 bakeries and 14 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 4,500 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us for a number of years as a Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies’ to work for.
Family and values is what makes us different, and we are a proud bunch, join us and you too could be proud to be Warburtons
- An experienced Design Engineer with proven experience in an FMCG environment
- Experience of working and utilising CAD – AutoCAD 2020 and Inventor 2020 3D are essential.
- Possess a minimum Engineering Qualification of HNC / HND or equivalent.
- Broad Experience of systems including SAP and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to produce and read drawings and interpret designs:
- P&ID drawings.
- Main site layouts.
- Pneumatic circuit drawings.
- Pipework layout drawings.
- Steelwork layout drawings.
- Conducting a wide range of activities including feasibility studies, research, layout design and detailed design
- Capable of working with the minimum of supervision against set targets.
- Strong drawing office discipline regarding record keeping / change managements and general drawing office traceability.
- Experience of working in an ISO 9000 environment.
- Good base knowledge of mandatory regulations / risk assessment / mechanical design of equipment.
- We work in a 24/7 fast paced environment therefore we will need you to be flexible in your approach and able to travel to sites across the UK as required.
- An awareness of latest technology and engineering techniques applicable to drive efficiency improvements and ensure Best Practice.
- Be influential, articulate and persuasive, a relationship builder- establishing credibility with both internal and external contacts at all levels.
Baked to Perfection
- Working knowledge the following would be nice to have:
- Navis Works.
- Laser Scanning Surveys – with the ability to convert scans from point clouds into working CAD drawings.
At last and by no means yeast you will want to know what your bread’s worth
- A slice of the annual profits.
- Award winning pension plan.
- Discount vouchers and fresh products we think you’ll love!
- Additional benefits for you and your family for example; discounted gym membership, child care vouchers, ride to work.