Credit Risk Analytics Manager
Salary: Circa £53,000 per annum depending upon experience
Location: Head Office, West Bromwich*
*We take staff welfare extremely seriously; we are and will continue to ensure we comply with government guidance during this difficult time
A new opportunity has arisen for a Credit Risk Analytics Manager to support the Society’s lending objectives through the provision of insightful analytics around the Society’s Credit Risk exposures.
This would be an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to develop their career and challenge themselves further by contributing to the development of the Society approach towards the management and analysis of Credit Risk. At the West Brom you’ll have every opportunity to take the next step and keep moving: we’re well known for providing excellent development support and always promote from within wherever possible.
• Act as a senior member of Credit Risk team to support the development of Credit Risk Strategy
• Analyse mortgage data from both Society and external sources in order to create meaningful analysis that can support decision making in relation to lending activities
• Lead the development of Credit Risk models and scorecards supporting operational decisions, such as new lending scorecards and affordability models
• Carry out complex ad-hoc credit risk data analysis and report writing as required
• Present and gain approval for analysis and models to Credit and Risk committees
• Direct the production of monthly and quarterly reports for the Board, Risk Committee, other governance committees and external parties (notably PRA/FCA) in relation to the Society’s Credit Risk exposures
Skills & Attributes
• Highly numerate with a degree in a quantitative subject, and a proven track record in analysis of complex data
• Significant knowledge of the Credit Risk lifecycle, ideally relating to mortgages
• Experience of data mining or statistical software (i.e. SAS, or equivalent)
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Strong time management and prioritisation skills with a high degree of personal motivation and initiative
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
What’s in it for you?
• Performance related pay scheme
• Generous annual leave starting at 25 days
• Pension scheme
• Life assurance
Inspired by the Society’s Vision and Values, it’s not just what we do but how we treat our colleagues and customers that makes the people at the West Brom really stand out from our competitors.
*Please note – We reserve the right to withdraw our adverts earlier than the original published expiry date, therefore if you are interested please submit your application as soon as possible*
At the West Brom we appreciate that our employees are unique individuals with differing needs depending on their specific circumstances and stages in life. When we say our people are the West Brom’s biggest asset that doesn’t mean just viewing them as employees. We also recognise they have a life outside work, one that has responsibilities and rewards which the Society respects and supports in ways that aim to bring the best out of them. If you are interested in applying for a role with us and have a need for flexibility within your working schedule please discuss this with our recruitment team when making an application as wherever possible we’ll be open to a flexible working pattern.
Head Office: 2 Providence Place West Bromwich B70 8AF. www.westbrom.co.uk The West Brom is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority. Register no. 104877. ‘the West Brom’ is a trading name of West Bromwich Building Society.