Credit Services Agent
Salary: £20,377 rising to £21,401 per annum after probation period
Full Time: Annualised hours contract
Permanent & Temporary contracts available
Location: Head Office, West Bromwich*
*We take staff welfare extremely seriously; we are and will continue to ensure we comply with government guidance during this difficult time*
The Society is looking to recruit Credit Services Agents to join our Residential/Buy To Let (BTL) & White Label Loans team. The primary purpose of this role is the management of BTL, Residential & Second Charge mortgage accounts which fall into arrears or are at risk of falling into arrears via multiple communication channels.
At the West Brom you’ll have every opportunity to take the next step and keep moving: we’re well known for providing excellent development support and always promote from within wherever possible.
• To identify and meet the needs and expectations of customers in financial difficulty by providing the highest standards of customer service through the efficient administration of mortgage accounts in arrears and direct debit administration
• Provide comprehensive and knowledgeable information and service to internal and external customers, including vulnerable customers, regarding debt collection and general mortgages administration
• Continually ensure that all agreed targets are met or exceeded
• Deliver technical support and advice to frontline customer contact staff and other business areas as required
Skills & Attributes
• Experience within a credit services environment
• An understanding of arrears management
• High standard of personal motivation and initiative
• Excellent communication skills
• Flexible approach with the ability to work to tight deadlines without compromising quality
• High level of attention to detail
• Able to recognise true arrears issues at the very earliest of stages and be able to differentiate between borrowers who can’t pay and won’t pay
• Able to reach amicable arrangements to best suit both the Society and borrower
• Demonstrate a good standard of negotiation skills to best suit the circumstance presented
• Able to adapt communication skills to best suit any situation in order to reach an amicable agreement.
What’s in it for you?
• Performance related pay scheme
• Generous annual leave starting at 25 days
• Pension scheme
• Life assurance
Inspired by the Society’s Vision and Values, it’s not just what we do but how we treat our colleagues and customers that makes the people at the West Brom really stand out from our competitors.
*Please note – We reserve the right to withdraw our adverts earlier than the original published expiry date, therefore if you are interested please submit your application as soon as possible*
At the West Brom we appreciate that our employees are unique individuals with differing needs depending on their specific circumstances and stages in life. When we say our people are the West Brom’s biggest asset that doesn’t mean just viewing them as employees. We also recognise they have a life outside work, one that has responsibilities and rewards which the Society respects and supports in ways that aim to bring the best out of them. If you are interested in applying for a role with us and have a need for flexibility within your working schedule please discuss this with our recruitment team when making an application as wherever possible we’ll be open to a flexible working pattern.
Head Office: 2 Providence Place West Bromwich B70 8AF. www.westbrom.co.uk The West Brom is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority. Register no. 104877. ‘the West Brom’ is a trading name of West Bromwich Building Society.