An opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Contracts Solicitor to join our Legal team on a fixed term contract. You will be working specifically on contracts that fall in to the scope of a project. You will provide commercially, pragmatic, efficient and effective legal services in relation to commercial contracts. You will build and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders and business partners to help build and embed a legally compliant culture.
What You'll Do
Providing expert and strategic legal advice on a timely basis as required with particular emphasis on advising upon all aspects of commercial contracts and contract law on services which are classed as outsourcing, including contract drafting, negotiation, providing advice to key stakeholders and escalating risks in line with internal governance processes.
You will use your excellent stakeholder management skills as our trusted business partner to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and business partners to embed a legally compliant culture. Working collaboratively with the project team in an agile way to be the best you can be in your role.
You will be an innovative thinker, someone who is aware of what is happening in the financial services sector and how this may affect our business, customers and our products. You will be someone who is always looking for ways we can improve and engaging with key people across the business and challenging effectively.
How You’ll Do It
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience (PQE) in commercial contracts.
• Qualified Solicitor, Barrister, Legal Executive or other relevant legal qualification.
• Understanding of how financial services organisations operate and the associated regulatory environment, including a working knowledge of the European Banking Authority guidelines on outsourcing and associated PRA policy statements.
• Previous experience of working in a financial services firm is desirable.
• Utilisation of excellent written and oral communication skills to build and maintain internal and external stakeholder relationships.
• Personally take on learnings and feedback constructively to take ownership for your own development and taking ownership to ensure your knowledge is maintained.
• Experience of advising on digital solutions and how they affect the business would be an advantage, but not essential.
Life at YBS
In addition to the usual benefits such as competitive salary, annual bonus and healthcare packages we offer you…
Flexibility – Whether it’s picking up the kids from school or catching that early morning yoga session we have you covered.
Celebrating Success – From everyday thank you cards, to our annual ‘Raising the Roof’ gala to celebrate our golden ticket winners we acknowledge our colleagues successes no matter how big or small.
Giving Back – Fancy 31 hours of paid leave a year to get involved in community activities? Together last year, we completed more than 11,000 hours of volunteering!
Inclusivity - We don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our colleagues, our customers and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
Site Perks – Some of our sites have added little extras such as a gym, restaurant and free parking at our Bradford site, roof garden in Leeds, and on-site restaurant and free parking at our Peterborough site.
If you’ve got a solid background in commercial contracts and you want to develop a career in an empowering, respectful and supporting business then why not join us?
Our people are our heart and soul; we’re commercial and caring, big enough to offer you a challenge and small enough for you to make a real impact. We’re devoted to putting people first and doing the right thing by providing real help with real life.
Due to the current situation with COVID-19 our recruitment process will be either carried out digitally on a video platform or via telephone.
We’d love to hear from you so why not apply today and be Your Brilliant Self!
‘Any Questions – Contact Claire Morley on email at firstname.lastname@example.org’
Please note email applications will not be accepted, please follow the link to apply for the position.