An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Financial Reporting and Planning Accountant to join our Financial Reporting & Planning team. You will be our subject matter expert working within a team of finance professionals to deliver relevant, reliable and robust financial management information in relation to forecasting and reporting.
You will have a great ability to analyse numbers and financial models to tell a story of what is happening across the organisation. This role will be aligned to the savings element of the business which links very closely to our savings strategic priorities. You will carry out monthly management reporting, reviewing how each element of the business is performing and making recommendations to gain the best financial outcome.
The purpose of the Finance division is to own the responsibility for driving an increase in value for our members. We do this through our day to day work; supporting the business by adding value, delivering the right outcomes and supporting the organisation. Key to this is the quality of the relationships we build, having the passion and drive to make a difference, our diverse thought, our management of risk and control and our ability to individually and collectively drive lasting change for our members.
As an employer who encourages flexible working please get in touch if you wish to discuss flexible or reduced working hours. The finance team are currently working from home so you will start your journey with us being home based with some potential travel to our Leeds or Bradford sites, going forward we will adopt a blended way of working with a mix of home and office working.
What You'll Do
• Translate and implement plans to ensure that activity is optimised, in a controlled environment. Sourcing, analysing and consolidating financial information to the relevant senior management and governance bodies.
• Develop and manage key relationships with both internal and external customers. Ensure clear communication with relevant senior management, SLT members and Chief Officers in order to determine customers’ requirements and priorities.
• Own key deliverables, applying specialist expertise to deliver to and surpass customer expectations. Activities include but not limited to;
- Production of income reporting to senior management,
- Ownership of the month-end reporting process.
- Lead the annual plan and quarterly forecast process.
- Develop an in depth knowledge of the income forecasting and reporting system (Alfi). Producing high quality, accurate outputs, with an articulation of changes from prior forecasts
- Deliver the modelling and reporting of EIR, ensuring the accounting follows the relevant accounting standards and is completed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Support the production of the relevant sections of the Annual Report and Accounts and Interim Accounts: Financial Performance, Progress against Strategy.
• Manages the development and maintenance of effective and efficient processes and systems; driving innovation through the identification and implementation of opportunities to streamline and automate processes.
The Knowledge & Skills you’ll have
• Accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) or equivalent.
• Experience of income reporting, planning and forecasting.
• Preferably experience of working with mortgage or savings from a finance perspective, however not essential.
• Continuous improvement mind-set and always looking for ways we can improve our processes.
• Able to identify and address key risks/implications.
• Detailed knowledge of Microsoft applications and the current MI / finance systems.
• Able to review, manage and develop new financial and analytical models.
• Possess knowledge of management and financial accounting principles and be well-versed in approaches and techniques.
• Highly numerate, intellectually strong and capable of digesting and interpreting technical information.
• Rigorous, methodical and well organised with excellent attention to detail and ability to deliver to deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to converse effectively with senior stakeholders.
Life at YBS
In addition to the usual benefits such as competitive salary, annual bonus and healthcare packages we offer you…
Flexibility – Whether it’s picking up the kids from school or catching that early morning yoga session we have you covered.
Celebrating Success – From everyday thank you cards, to our annual ‘Raising the Roof’ gala to celebrate our golden ticket winners we acknowledge our colleagues successes no matter how big or small.
Giving Back – Fancy 31 hours of paid leave a year to get involved in community activities? Together last year, we completed more than 11,000 hours of volunteering!
Inclusivity - We don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our colleagues, our customers and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
Site Perks – Some of our sites have added little extras such as a gym, restaurant and free parking at our Bradford site, roof garden in Leeds, and on-site restaurant and free parking at our Peterborough site.
If you’ve got a solid background in financial accounting and you want to develop a career in an empowering, respectful and supporting business then why not join our finance team?
Our people are our heart and soul; we’re commercial and caring, big enough to offer you a challenge and small enough for you to make a real impact. We’re devoted to putting people first and doing the right thing by providing real help with real life.
We’d love to hear from you so why not apply today and be Your Brilliant Self!
Due to the current situation with COVID-19 our recruitment process will be either carried out digitally on a video platform or via telephone.
Any questions please contact Claire Morley by email - firstname.lastname@example.org, email applications will not be accepted to apply please follow the apply now button.
Yorkshire Building Society Group is an equal opportunities employer