At Yorkshire Building Society we pride ourselves on being a mutual organisation that places our customers at the heart of everything we do. As a result of this we continue to grow and strengthen our position as one of the most trusted financial services providers in the UK, providing real help with real lives.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Analyst – Capital, Market and Liquidity Management to join the Balance Sheet Management function. You will support the ongoing management, monitoring and reporting of the capital, market and liquidity positions of the Society. This includes the implementation of the strategies developed as part of the overall Balance Sheet Management activity where they relate to capital, market or liquidity management. The role will give you the opportunity to work with business areas across the whole organisation.
The purpose of the capital, market and liquidity management team is to manage the balance sheet and manging prudential and liquidity risks which are key to the business. This opportunity would be ideal for someone who has an interest in finance or balance sheet with great analytical and data skills.
As an employer who encourages flexible working please get in touch if you wish to discuss flexible or reduced working hours. The Balance Sheet Management team are currently working from home so you will start your journey with us being home based with some potential travel to our Leeds office, going forward we will adopt a blended way of working with a mix of home and office working.
What you'll be doing
• Analytics support for the capital, market and liquidity management aspects of the Society’s Balance Sheet Management (BSM) activity.
• Supporting the Senior Manager – Capital, Market and Liquidity Management in the implementation of Balance Sheet Strategy initiatives.
• Support across the Society’s capital, market and liquidity reporting framework.
• Day to day running of the capital, market and liquidity models and processes including ownership and accountability for running key model suites and processes.
• Management of capital, market and liquidity positions in line with external regulation and internal risk appetite, both day to day and through longer term planning and forecasting.
The Knowledge & Skills you’ll have
• Educated to degree level, preferably in numerate/analytical subject or some experience of data or analytics.
• An interest in finance or balance sheet management.
• Good IT skills including advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
• Strong numeracy/analytical skills.
• Continuous improvement mind set, always looking for ways we can improve our ways of working.
• Some knowledge of capital, market or liquidity management would be beneficial but not essential.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
Life at YBS
In addition to the usual benefits such as competitive salary, annual bonus and healthcare packages we offer you…
Flexibility – Whether it’s picking up the kids from school or catching that early morning yoga session we have you covered.
Celebrating Success – From everyday thank you cards, to our annual ‘Raising the Roof’ gala to celebrate our golden ticket winners we acknowledge our colleagues successes no matter how big or small.
Giving Back – Fancy 31 hours of paid leave a year to get involved in community activities? Together last year, we completed more than 11,000 hours of volunteering!
Inclusivity - We don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our colleagues, our customers and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
Site Perks – Some of our sites have added little extras such as a gym, restaurant and free parking at our Bradford site, roof garden in Leeds, and on-site restaurant and free parking at our Peterborough site.
If you have strong analytical and numerical skills and you want to develop a career in an empowering, respectful and supporting business then why not join us?
Our people are our heart and soul; we’re commercial and caring, big enough to offer you a challenge and small enough for you to make a real impact. We’re devoted to putting people first and doing the right thing by providing real help with real life.
Due to the current situation with COVID-19 our recruitment process will be either carried out digitally on a video platform or via telephone.
We’d love to hear from you so why not apply today and be Your Brilliant Self!
‘Any Questions – Contact Claire Morley on email at email@example.com’
Please note email applications will not be accepted, please follow the link to apply for the position.