Lots of roles talk about the difference you can make, and with us we believe you really can.
So, if you are looking for a new challenge or perhaps just stumbled across this advert, we think you should read on. That is because in this role you’ll get the chance to play central to the success of a growing and exciting commercial lending function.
About the role
As Commercial Lending Manager, you’ll be placed at the forefront of what we do – Commercial Lending.
Acting as a key point of contact for new business and working directly with Customers and brokers, you’ll be responsible for originating new lending and building relationships with customers and business intermediaries to help us achieve our ambitious growth targets.
You’ll be assessing complex lending proposals, looking at financial performance and borrower backgrounds for example, as well as undertake sufficient due diligence in order to make an informed assessment on lending requests. All this will be to ensure our underwriters have what they need, and that we are lending responsibly.
Away from the day to day, you’ll also be a commercial lending SME. You’ll be constantly developing and maintaining your industry and competitor knowledge by keeping abreast of current trends so that you, and YBS are ahead of the curve.
You’ll attend regular networking events and build your own industry connections as well as use your insight to help us compete in the market with our products.
You can be based anywhere across the South West and will work from home, with travel to clients and the office when required.
You’ll need to a great understanding of commercial lending, coupled with experience of working directly commercial lending customers. As well as;
- A great eye for detail with experience of gathering, analysing and interpreting information from multiple sources with the ability to confidently discuss the results to stakeholders
- Proven experience of assessing Commercial lending transactions in a business development or underwriting capacity
- A commitment to supporting, coaching and developing a team members, helping them be the best they can be
At YBS we don’t have shareholders, we have members. We care about people and that includes you. So here, you’ll be respected for who you are, you’ll be able to bring your whole self to work, and you’ll have everything you need to build a long and rewarding career.
Flexibility. We offer a range of flexible working options without unsocial hours, which can help you find a healthy work-life balance. Whether it’s finishing early for an appointment or fitting your studies and hobbies in around your working hours, we can help make it work for you.
Development. We want you to feel challenged here. Whatever your ambitions, we’re committed to helping you develop your skills and move ahead in your career journey. From day one, we’ll set you up for success with a brilliant induction and full training plan, all designed to get you up to speed quickly.
Inclusivity. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and able to be themselves. If you’ll go the extra mile to help our members, you’ll fit right in and feel you belong here.
About our Benefits
We offer lots of fantastic rewards that you can make the most of in and out of work, including:
- Holiday. You’ll get 25 days plus Bank Holidays, as well as the option to buy up to a further 5 days.
- Bonus. We work together to reach for better at YBS, so when we reach our goals we’re all rewarded, with up to a 10% annual bonus.
- Pension. We know how important it is to save towards the future, that’s why we’ll contribute up 11% into your YBS pension.
- Healthcare. Health and wellbeing are an important part of life at YBS, when you join us you’ll have access to a range of health benefits to suit your life including private medical insurance, dental and healthcare plans.
- My Benefits. When you join YBS you’ll have access to our self-service benefits portal, where you can access a range of retail, hospitality and health discounts,
Ready to apply?
If you’re excited about this role and want to be part of the YBS team, click apply now to send us your application.
Want more information?
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Joe Cooper on email@example.com.