Casual Support Workers
A flexible role supporting people with mental health conditions and learning disabilities
Salary: £10.38 per hour (inclusive of applicable allowances and entitlements)
Hours: Flexible hours (which may include days, evenings, weekends and bank holidays)
Location: Didcot, Wantage, Abingdon and other areas in Oxfordshire
Drivers required with access to their own vehicle.
Do you want to support your community? Looking for flexible working hours?
We’re looking to take on Casual Support Workers to help us support people with learning disabilities or mental health conditions throughout this time of uncertainty.
If you are passionate about improving the lives of local, vulnerable people and are determined to support those who need it more than ever then this could be the opportunity for you!
We’re hoping to bring people together at a difficult time - you could help us.
Working in support isn’t just another job. This could be a great opportunity for you to develop skills for life and try something new whilst simultaneously helping people who need that extra support.
About the role
As a Casual Support Worker, you will help people with mental health conditions or learning disabilities in their home or out in the community. This might include motivating someone to eat healthily or visit the gym or providing support to a person with emotional problems. Our outreach service supports adults learning disabilities & mental health conditions in the community in their own homes., covering Abingdon/Wallingford/Wantage/Didcot
- Laundry and housework
- Food preparation and cooking
- Budgeting and shopping
- Being active in the community (employment, study, volunteering and/or leisure activities)
- Maintaining relationships with family and friends
- Social activities
- Emotional support
- Accompanying customers to appointments and/or on excursions
- Working in partnership with other agencies and organisations
About the candidate
We would love to hear from you if you are passionate about improving the lives of local, vulnerable people. Whether you want to work a few hours a week, or full-time, if you think a Support Worker role sounds right for you, you will need to be:
- Flexible to work on a rolling rota
- Good at working on your own and within a team
- Excellent at communicating with people
- Able to complete good quality support records
- Hold a full driver's license and have access to own vehicle
Experience in working in social care is desirable
Benefits of working for Advance
We’re a national, charitable organisation, supporting thousands of people across the U.K. We value our staff and the difference they make to the lives of our customers, which is why we offer the following benefits:
- Flexible hours to fit around you and the needs of our customers
- Paid mileage and travel time between appointments
- Paid holiday
- Full, professional training and the opportunity to work towards care qualifications
- Free DBS check
- Support from an experienced team leader
- Excellent opportunities to progress your career within Advance
- Enrolment in a pension scheme with matched contributions above the statutory minimum (if you work enough hours to meet the threshold for enrolment)
More about Advance
Advance is a well-established, national, charitable organisation which provide support for adults with learning disabilities and mental health conditions living in the community. We are an equal opportunities employer who values our staff and the difference that they make to our customers. Whatever our role in the company, we all share a pride in what we do and use PRIDE to define how we all behave.
Advance is regulated by the Regulator of Social Housing and the Care Quality Commission and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. You will be required to provide evidence of right to work. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be covered by Advance.
We value diversity and therefore welcome applications from everyone interested in working at Advance. Advance are enrolled in the disability confidence scheme.
Advance Housing & Support Ltd reserves the right to close this job once sufficient applications have been received.