Would you like to join us on our journey? Where striving for zero carbon isn’t just aspirational but a reality as part of our ‘Leading the North West to Zero Carbon’.
At Electricity North West, we thrive on being part of a customer focused team that likes to put their people first. We are committed to building our teams to represent the local communities we serve and promoting the importance of inclusivity at work. Our aim is to always encourage, support and develop our people to ensure everyone reaches their full potential.
Electricity North West has an annual tree cutting programme with the aim of vastly reducing and preventing unplanned power cuts which can be caused by falling branches and trees which encroach on overhead power lines. Our tree cutting teams help thousands of residents across the North West escape these sudden power cut.
As a Utility Surveyor you will:
- Liaise and negotiate with third parties for the purpose of obtaining maximum tree clearances adjacent to overhead power lines;
- Liaise with customers to generate maximum tree clearance programmes;
- Focus on delivering high levels of customer service when liaising with customers;
- Provide tree cutting work packs that are in line with operational standards;
- Initiate site-specific risk assessments and feasibility studies to build safe working practices into the work packs.
To succeed in the role, you’ll:
- Have proven experience working in arboriculture (essential);
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build successful working relationships with customers and clients;
- Demonstrate proven team working skills with the ability to supervise less experienced colleagues;
- Have excellent organisational skills combined with the ability to work using your own initiative;
- Be results focussed, with the ability to achieve deadlines.
We’d like to hear from you if you hold:
- An RFS in arboriculture or equivalent;
- An NPTC unit 5;
- A basic chainsaw NPTC 30, 31 (desirable);
- An NPTC unit 1 (desirable);
- A LANTRA / NPTC chipper certificate (desirable);
- A full UK driving licence (essential).
If successful in your application, we will require additional information in order to complete a number of pre-employment checks before the offer can become unconditional. Any unconditional offer of employment with Electricity North West is subject to satisfactory checks. Due to the nature of this role the checks will be a Medical and Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
We don't accept speculative CVs from agencies. Any received we will assert ownership of the candidate and no fee will be payable.
We reserve the right to close this advert early.