Would you like to join us on our journey? where striving for zero carbon isn’t just aspirational but a reality as part of our ‘Leading the North West to Zero Carbon’.
At Electricity North West, we thrive on being part of a customer focused team that likes to put their people first. We are committed to building our teams to represent the local communities we serve and promoting the importance of inclusivity at work. Our aim is to always encourage, support and develop our people to ensure everyone reaches their full potential.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Diversions Design Engineer to join our Asset Diversions team based in Preston.
As the Diversions Design Engineer you will assess the impact of third party proposals on ENWL Assets and where necessary, design a best fit solution to ensure the assets are protected or diverted in a safe and cost effective manner.
You will receive the initial customer enquiry information and then liaise with the customer to design a solution to divert ENWL assets in line with ENWL Policies & Procedures, CDM and NRSWA.
You will prepare an estimate of costs for the agreed solution and communicate this to the customer, you will also liaise with the commercial teams to ensure all financial elements are in place in accordance with terms and conditions.
You will also arrange for the preparation of construction files and drawings ready for handover to the nominated delivery team.
The Design Engineer will also be required to provide design support to the delivery team for variations, as appropriate, throughout the life of the project
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- HNC (BTEC Level 4) in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Experience of working with, and a good knowledge of electricity distribution networks
- Sound knowledge of planning & design from LV to 11kv
- Customer focussed and have the ability to communicate on a technical level both inside and outside the company
- Able to use relevant system analysis tools, other company IT systems, MS applications, SAP and AutoCAD
- An understanding of New Roads and Street Works Act 1991, The Street Works (Sharing of Costs of Works) (England) Regulations 2000 and The Code of Practice “Measures Necessary Where Apparatus is Affected by Major Works (Diversionary Works)” will be required
- Ability to plan own workload and key deliverables required by others, and to influence the delivery of these
- Good team working skills
- Good presentation and report writing skills
- Good analytical skills
- To quickly react on a day to day basis to the demands and delivery time scales of the project.
A full role profile is available from firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING
The opportunity to work for a dynamic and innovative organisation. A competitive salary (depending on skills and experience) plus an attractive benefits package including car allowance, bonus scheme, 26 days annual leave, contributory pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 14%, plus many areas for professional development.
If successful in your application, we will require additional information in order to complete a number of pre-employment checks before the offer can become unconditional. Any unconditional offer of employment with Electricity North West is subject to satisfactory checks.
We would encourage you to submit an early application as we reserve the right to close this vacancy early.