Would you like to join us on our journey? where striving for zero carbon isn’t just aspirational but a reality as part of our ‘Leading the North West to Zero Carbon’. At Electricity North West, we thrive on being part of a customer focused team that likes to put their people first. We are committed to building our teams to represent the local communities we serve and promoting the importance of inclusivity at work. Our aim is to always encourage, support and develop our people to ensure everyone reaches their full potential.
In a rapidly changing industry, Analytics is seen as a core capability providing data driven insight to allow the business to make informed operational and strategic decisions. Enhancing Data Best Practice principles will ensure processes are consistently reviewed to ensure data quality and awareness of where data resides. Opportunity to be involved in the move to a more modern data architecture that needs to be a hybrid of on-premise data centres and Cloud Infrastructure (Azure).
In recognition of this and to extend ENWL’s analytical capabilities we are increasing our team with the introduction of a BI Developer role.
The BI Developer will support and develop the end-to-end ETL and Data Modelling solutions, create visualisations and reports for requested projects and performing detailed analysis of business processes and systems and make suggestions based on your findings.
The successful candidate will conduct unit testing and troubleshooting of solutions and ensure that releases into production are carried out with due diligence. As BI Developer you will identify and implement internal process improvements by automating manual work and optimising the delivery and performance of data, you will liaise with both technical and non-technical stakeholders on the delivery of business requirements and backlog and develop and update Data Standards and technical documentation.
You will also work with the team to promote Analytics across the business and to ensure deliverables are to the appropriate levels of quality, on time and within budget.
For more information, a full role profile is available from firstname.lastname@example.org
What we are offering
An exciting and challenging role within an innovative and dynamic organization. A competitive salary depending on your experience, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, staff healthcare, pension with employer contributions of up to 14% and other flexible benefits.
We are championing hybrid working and this role offers a mix of both office and remote/home working.
What we are looking for
- Microsoft BI Stack (SQL Server 2012 onwards including T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS with MDX, and SSRS) Ideally experience with Power BI;
- Source Control experience ideally GitHub & TFS (desirable);
- Exposure to Azure Data Factory or Microsoft Synapse (desirable);
- Tabular modelling with DAX (desirable);
- PL/SQL (desirable);
- Master Data Management (desirable);
- Data Governance approaches e.g. Data Catalogue and Data Lineage (desirable);
- Data warehouse design and implementation;
- Conceptual, logical, physical data modelling;
- ETL/ELT or Data Pipeline experience- ideally in high volume data environments - building optimised and complex data flows to make data available for analytics;
- Strong Visualisation skills;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand complex processes;
- Ability to consistently work thoroughly and accurately with an eye for detail;
- Effective communication skills;
- Experience in the application of data and reporting technology across multiple data sets in a dynamic environment.
If successful in your application, we will require additional information in order to complete a number of pre-employment checks before the offer can become unconditional. Any unconditional offer of employment with Electricity North West is subject to satisfactory checks. Due to the nature of this role the checks will be a BS7858 check.
We don't accept speculative CVs from agencies. Any received we will assert ownership of the candidate and no fee will be payable.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early.