Would you like to join us on our journey? where striving for zero carbon isn’t just aspirational but a reality as part of our ‘Leading the North West to Zero Carbon’.
At Electricity North West, we thrive on being part of a customer focused team that likes to put their people first. We are committed to building our teams to represent the local communities we serve and promoting the importance of inclusivity at work. Our aim is to always encourage, support and develop our people to ensure everyone reaches their full potential.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Claims Handler to join our Business Support team in Kendal.
As a Claims Handler you will be responsible for maximising lost revenue due to cable and asset damages to ENWL’s distribution network and other utilities’ assets, as well as other revenue areas such as emergency reconnection, disconnection and IDNO attendance.
You will take ownership of all administration, customer correspondence, debt collection and payment processing associated with chargeable works, with a view to ultimately increase the revenue income available to ENWL for associated, chargeable works, and to reduce the payments ENWL must make in relation to third party asset damages.
Key accountabilities of your role include:
- Identifying all damaged underground and overhead cable jobs on the distribution network, ensuring that relevant paperwork, network diagrams and photographs are received from field colleagues;
- Processing suitable claims in accordance with our labour and materials charging mechanism;
- Ensuring all claims work is tracked on a central tracker, and that all electronic and hard copy paperwork is kept in line with company’s Data Retention policy and GDPR guidelines;
- Acting as point of contact for all customer and third-party queries, disputes, payment plans and negotiations on payments owed, via email, telephone and written correspondence methods;
- Ensuring all payments are processed and allocated correctly, using BACS, cheque and payment plan methods;
- Issuing follow up reminder letters in instances of non-payment or no contact;
- Liaising with internal Legal department to decide on appropriate claims to be pursued following non-payment;
- Being the point of contact for all incoming claims from other utilities in instances where ENWL operatives may have damaged third-party assets;
- Liaising with Operational Delivery Managers to establish the legitimacy of incoming claims and seeking to agree negotiations where possible;
- Creating specific department reports which present MI on ongoing claims work;
- Taking steps to minimise instances of third party damage happening, by liaising with Field Operatives, Delivery Managers and Street Works teams to ensure correct procedures and policies are being followed on site;
- Supporting with purchase orders and general procurement activities;
- Providing general administrative duties as directed by the Business Support Manager and as required by local Operations Delivery Managers.
We’d like to hear from you if you:
- Have previous experience in debt collection, and/or claims handling (essential);
- Have previous experience working in utilities or construction industries (desirable);
- Have previous experience working in an administrative setting (desirable);
- Have experience dealing with challenging customer situations;
- Can demonstrate a conscious level of commercial awareness;
- Are an excellent communicator (essential);
- Are self-driven and have the ability to work under pressure to meet relevant business targets;
- Have a high level of organisation and the ability to prioritise competing workloads;
- Are computer literate and proficient with the full range of Microsoft package: Word, Excel, PowerPoint (essential);
- Hold 5 A* to C GCSEs or equivalent, including English and Maths (essential).
You will also demonstrate the following behavioural competencies:
- Customer understanding
- Results focus
If successful in your application, we will require additional information in order to complete a number of pre-employment checks before the offer can become unconditional. Any unconditional offer of employment with Electricity North West is subject to satisfactory checks. Due to the nature of this role the checks will be a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
We don't accept speculative CVs from agencies. Any received we will assert ownership of the candidate and no fee will be payable.
We reserve the right to close this advert early.