Would you love a job where you have the chance to make a difference every day?
We have fantastic full and part time opportunities to join the Isle of Man Public Service and become a Service Support Officer.
What does a Service Support Officer do?
With the wide variety of services, we provide for our community, our Service Support Officer roles and responsibilities are all unique. Your typical day could include:
- Undertaking administrative work to support our customers or staff
- Receiving and responding to enquiries from staff, customers or the general public
- Processing requests for help or information
- Processing and preparing documentation
- Collating information for reports
- Maintaining systems, databases and processes
You could work in any one of our Departments, Boards or Offices where you will play a key role in contributing to the Isle of Man Public Service's overall vision of working together for the Isle of Man.
As we are recruiting for many roles across the public service there are a variety of part time, full time or flexible working opportunities to suit you and your lifestyle.
What is the Talent Pool and how does it work?
Instead of advertising each of our Service Support Officer (SSO) jobs individually, we will be continually looking for great candidates to join our Talent Pool. It means you only need to apply once and we will look for jobs where you best match the requirements of the role. If you are interested in joining the public service as an SSO, please make your application now. We appreciate that not every Service Support Officer role will be quite what you're looking for. Once you are in the Talent Pool, we will always ask your permission before putting you forward for a vacancy.
Check out the Job Profile (Role Information) at the bottom of this page for further information on the Talent Pool.
Why join us?
In the Isle of Man Public Service we believe the benefits we offer our employees are important; from financial benefits to your Wellbeing and Development, we have a lot to offer.
- We actively support your career goals and development. You will have regular opportunities to discuss your aspirations with your line manager and we offer a coaching and mentoring service open to all employees.
- We know that 9-5 doesn't always work for everyone, so within many of our Service Support Officer roles you can enjoy flexi-time and flexible working opportunities.
- Join an organisation where your work can make a difference to the people in the Isle of Man.
- Work in an organisation that shares your values. It is not just about getting a job done, we care about how we do it, so we're looking for people who demonstrate our People Qualities. Our people qualities support our values and talk about the expectations we have for people across the organisation. To find out more about our People Qualities, take a look at the Our People Qualities document, available to download from below.
For more information on the job, what we can offer and what we are looking for, please see the attached job profile/role information. We have also created a downloadable document, Our Benefits - A Quick Guide; have a read to see what benefits you could enjoy whilst working for us.
The Talent Pool Recruitment process
We are now running the Talent Pool as a rolling advert, this means we will regularly be running our talent pool assessments throughout the year.
If your application is successful, we will invite you to an initial session, where you'll be asked to meet our friendly recruiting panel and complete various job-related tasks. Should you be successful in the session, you will be invited to book your interview and final assessment from a variety of days and times.
Please note that a CV must be provided to support your application. If you have difficulties applying online, please contact the Recruitment Team on 01624 686300 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have previously applied for this vacancy under this reference number and would like to apply again, please contact our Recruitment Team on email@example.com or call 686300 Option 1
The Isle of Man Public Service is an equal opportunities employer which supports and promotes flexible working. We understand its benefits in improving work-life balance and supporting health and wellbeing and, in its different forms; it is widespread throughout the Public Service. We are happy to consider applications for both full and part time working for the Talent Pool.
Find out more about where a career in the Isle of Man Public Service could take you at hr.gov.im/careers