About the role:
The Isle of Man Ship registry is run by a highly professional team in the Department for Enterprise with a reputation for service and quality. We are looking for a technical assistant to provide essential support to the survey team.
This is a fast-paced and dynamic role which would suit a candidate who can think on their feet, and act on their own initiative to take on tasks simply because they need doing. You will be liaising with international clients on a regular basis and ensuring that a high level of support and advice is given promptly and accurately. If you are looking for the opportunity to gain new skills and acquire technical knowledge in a new area, this could be the position for you.
- Assisting with the scheduling and allocation of surveyors who are required to attend ships and yachts internationally;
- Reviewing Ship Security Plans and Ship Security Assessments submitted by ships’ managers and submitting the review for final approval by a nominated Surveyor;
- Preparing Security Plan Approvals for signature by the nominated Surveyor;
- Inputting and uploading technical information on ships and yachts to MAVIS (Marine Administration Vessel Information System);
- Ensuring that vessels’ technical files are prepared and correctly maintained for ships and yachts.
More details of the duties of the post can be obtained from David Gooberman on 01624 688519.
A relocation package and interview expenses are not available for this role.
In the Isle of Man Public Service we believe the benefits we offer our employees are important; from financial benefits to your Wellbeing and Development, we have a lot to offer.
We have created a downloadable document, Our Benefits - A Quick Guide; have a read to see what benefits you could enjoy whilst working for us.
How to apply:
For more information please see the attached job description and person specification.
Please note a CV must be provided to support your application. It is recommended that you include a cover letter with your CV which explains your motivations for applying for this position and demonstrates your suitability for the requirements of the post. If you do wish to upload a cover letter with your CV, please ensure they are uploaded in one file.
If you have difficulties applying online please contact the Recruitment and Employment Changes Team on 01624 686300 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this post will be accepted up to midnight of the closing date specified.