About the Role
We are looking for an Arts Administrator to join the Isle of Man Arts Council on a part time basis.
This new role will manage the day to day administration relating to the operation of the Isle of Man Arts Council, dealing with funding applicants and arts enquiries, and also providing administration support to the Arts Development Manager and the Arts Officers.
You will be responsible for:
- Organising meetings, preparation of agendas and meeting papers etc
- Taking minutes at Council meetings
- Managing the relationship between the Isle of Man Arts Council and recipients of funding
- Dealing with the business of the Isle of Man Arts Council between meetings (including payments and correspondence etc) after consultation as necessary
- Administration of funding applications
The Isle of Man Arts Council is a sponsored body of the Department of Education, Sport and Culture and the Arts Team are centrally based in the Villa Marina Arcade. A developing and busy team, the Arts Team support and promote the Arts on an Island wide basis and you will attend Isle of Man Arts Council and Arts Team events when required.
We are looking for someone who is able to use Microsoft Office in particular Word and Excel. Knowledge and interest in the arts sector on the Isle of Man would be advantageous, but not essential.
Benefits of working in the Isle of Man Arts Council include:
- Centrally situated office
- Free on site parking
- Support for you to excel in your role and career with learning and development open to all employees
- Flexible working
- Opportunity to participate in schemes such as "Cycle to Work"
- Opportunity to join the Isle of Man Government Pension Scheme
A relocation package and interview expenses are not available for this role.
More details of the duties of the post can be obtained from Jane Corkill, Arts Development Manager on Tel No: 01624 694594.
The Isle of Man Public Service is an equal opportunities employer which supports and promotes flexible working. We understand its benefits in improving work-life balance and supporting health and wellbeing and, in its different forms; it is widespread throughout the Public Service. We are happy to discuss part-time or flexible working arrangements, including job share partnerships, for our roles (where possible) and if interested you should discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
How to Apply
For more information please see the attached job description and person specification.
Please note a CV must be provided to support your application. It is recommended that you include a cover letter with your CV which explains your motivations for applying for this position and demonstrates your suitability for the requirements of the post. If you do wish to upload a cover letter with your CV, please ensure they are uploaded in one file.
If you have difficulties applying online please contact the Recruitment Team on 01624 686300 or by email at email@example.com
Applications for this post will be accepted up to midnight of the closing date specified.
Find out more about where a career in the Isle of Man Public Service could take you at hr.gov.im/careers.